This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 7:59 am

kamilaK-2

I am trying to:

Dear Team,

Kindly provide support with the following issue. I know, that this issue has been already clarified, but it seems to be confusing for me. Our web page is hidden link and we have two translations. Our main language is the CZECH one and the translated should be ENGLISH and GERMAN. As I wanted to check our translation on German GOOGLE, I have found the ENGLISH translation only between GERMAN pages. What is very strange is, that the BING is showing our page normally.

Now to my point. In some posts you have recommended to disable browser language redirect and in some you have recommended to ALWAYS redirect.

What exactly should be done in our case? I am little desparate, as there are not relevant results within GOOGLE.DE.

The very strange situation is on GOOGLE.CZ - we can see the ENGLISH translation only - see the picture MARAPT.CZ as well

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

GERMAN TRANLATION:

hidden link

I would really appreciate your help as I really do not know what am I doing wrong 🙁

I am using Yoast Seo and very strange is, that alle given data are not visible as well see the jpeg MARAPT.CZslug

Thank you

Have a nice day

Tadeas Kosnar

April 23, 2019 at 8:00 am #3660351

kamilaK-2

Thank you

April 23, 2019 at 9:38 am #3661401

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

According to this answer - which also includes explanation from the Google official knowledge base - is that if the site is using options such as:

"Always redirect visitors based on browser language (redirect to home page if translations are missing)", which is the case in your site.

there is little we can do about it, as Google bots will decides on what goes there and how this content will be crawled.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 23, 2019 at 9:39 am #3661403

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I did not include an answer and explanation - here is it:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/googleresult-shows-a-mix-of-german-and-english-but-linking-to-the-german-pages/#post-2634375

Regards,
Bruno Kos