This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The event calendar shows different language randomly. Solution: In the plugins settings Events -> Settings -> Display (tab) there is an option 'Enable the Month View Cache'. Uncheck this option and see if it fixes this problem.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 25, 2017 at 2:30 pm #1326747

Leo0731

The event calendar shows different language randomly

I expected to see:
The URL for our English calendar is: ~/events, sometimes it shows French calendar (pic 1 err_en_shows_fr), and sometimes it shows English one correctly,

The URL for our French calendar is: ~/fr/events, sometimes it shows English calendar on French page(pic 2 err_fr_shows_en), but sometimes it shows correctly (French calendar on French, see pic 3 ok_fr_show_fr)

which means one same URL shows two different results randomly.

we are in an urgent stage to publish this site, please help us asap.

We are using WPML CMS and the wordpress is 4.8 the event calendar is a free version. Do we have to buy their pro version to make this go away?
Please see debug info below>
Looking forwards to your reply!

Thanks in advance!
-Leo

July 25, 2017 at 6:09 pm #1326935

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hello, Leo.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I was trying to see the problem on your site, but I get an error.
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
The Events Calendar is not in our compatibility list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/
So it might be a compatibility issue, and I can't tell if the pro version will solve the problem.
But please try the following.
In the plugins settings Events -> Settings -> Display (tab) there is an option 'Enable the Month View Cache'.
Please see attached screenshot Enable-the-Month-View-Cache.jpg
Can you, please try to uncheck this checkbox and see if it fixes this problem?

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 25, 2017 at 8:48 pm #1327022

Leo0731

It worked!!!!! Thank you, Itamar!!! The monthly view is the problem!! now the event calendar no longer shows the random calendar but the correct one!!! Hallelujah! Thank you again! I am so happy that we purchased the WPML CMS and your insight valuable!!!!!! have a great one!!

July 27, 2017 at 8:32 pm #1329247

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Great! I'm glad that it works now 🙂

Cheers,
Itamar.