This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by José Arcos 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: José Arcos.

Author Posts
May 3, 2018 at 9:25 am #1952037

Yan Ye

Hi,

Althought it is not compatible yet, WMPL and EventOn work almost like a charm, but there is a small issue I can't figure out how to fix it.

Everything works great in desktop, but in mobile, in the full cal addon, the event's name and description are not being translated (the addon it is translated). It is pretty weird because in desktop everything works great, in dev tools in chrome/mozilla as a smartphone also works great, but with any iphone/android phone, doesn't work.

You can check in ccchinamadrid.org

The calendar works perfectly in Spanish, but when you choose Chinese (hidden link) it doesn't work. I contacted the plugin developers and they told me it is WMPL related.

Could you please help me take a look? I'm out of ideas...

Thank you!

May 4, 2018 at 2:17 pm #1977006

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for contact us. I will try to do my best to help you.

I have tested the issue on Android and iOS and I can not reproduce it. What's the issue exactly? It opens a popup for me, and it changes of month too. What is it supposed to happen with the calendar?

Thank you.

May 7, 2018 at 10:11 am #2008022

Yan Ye

Hi,

In iOs or Android phones (not on desktop with chrome/mozilla inspect tools) in the Chinese version of the homepage, when you press in a day in a calendar, it opens a popup, but the popup it is in Spanish, it should be in Chinese.

But in desktop everything works flawlessly.

Thank you

May 7, 2018 at 3:04 pm #2015089

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for the information. I understand the issue now.

I would need a site snapshot if possible, in order to do some debugging in a local installation.

We usually recommend the free Plugin “Duplicator” for this purpose.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the archive file you downloaded.

** Duplicator Instructions **

hidden link

https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

If the file is too large (more than 200M), please use the Duplicator file filters to remove the cache, the wp-uploads directory, the media and the archive files.

Send me the archive file (you probably want to use Google Drive, DropBox, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

Your next reply will be private, which means that only you and I will be able to see it and have access to it. You can paste the link to the file there. You can also share the credentials to your website. I will then download the file from the admin panel.

Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site.

May 8, 2018 at 9:07 am #2025953

José Arcos

Hello again, could you send me a zip file with the folders themes and plugins that are inside of the wp-content folder?

Thank you.

May 10, 2018 at 9:49 am #2068818

José Arcos

Thanks for the data, I will take a look and I will back to you later today with more information.

May 10, 2018 at 11:39 am #2070321

José Arcos

Hello again, I have escalated the issue to our compatibility team. They are in contact with the plugin author and we will try to fix the issue as soon as possible.

May 16, 2018 at 12:06 pm #2156467

Yan Ye

Hi,

Are there any news about the issue?

Thank you!

May 17, 2018 at 11:30 am #2174734

José Arcos

Hello again, we are still working on this, I will try to speed up as much as possible.

Thanks for your patience.

May 19, 2018 at 6:24 am #2193190

José Arcos

Hello again, can you try this solution? Please, follow these steps:

- Go to WPML -> Languages -> Language filtering for AJAX operations
- Check the option: Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Have a good day.