Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
February 14, 2018 at 1:16 pm

marinaM-12

Hi,

I would like to add an events list to my website. We have been using and prefer to use All-in-One Event Calendar by Time.ly, however, as it does not seem compatible with WPML, I downloaded Events Manager. Though, I am experiencing the same problems as I did with All-in-One Event Calendar: the translated events are not showing up.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a list of events on both pages, however, it only shows on the English website. (I have hidden the Dutch website until I can get everything to work).

February 15, 2018 at 9:00 pm #1519654

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I've downloaded the Events Manager plugin by Marcus Sykes (https://wordpress.org/plugins/events-manager/) and installed it on my local server including the Events Manager and WPML Compatibility plugin.
I think that I can replicate this issue also on a clean WordPress installation.
Here is what I did.
1. I've created an event in the default language of my site.
2. I've translated this event into the other language of my site.
3. On the front-end, I could view the translated event.
4. Then I've translated the Events page into the other language.
5. But when I view the translated Events page on the front-end, I do not see my translated event listed on this page.
Can you please confirm that this is the same problem that you have?
If not, then please explain to me how to replicate the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

February 16, 2018 at 2:19 pm #1520337

marinaM-12

Hi Itamar,

1. I've created an event in the default language of my site.
2. I've translated this event into the other language of my site.
3. On the front-end, I CAN'T view the translated event. (Side note: I use shortcode [event_list] on my page to view the events).

However, if I create the event in the OTHER language (not default language), it does show up in my event list. Then, when I translate it to the default language, the event doesn't show up on the default language page. What do you think the problem is?

February 19, 2018 at 1:22 pm #1522165

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

This problem is known to us.
Our compatibility team has contacted Marcus Sykes the author of the Events Manager plugin to cooperate on fixing this issue with us. Currently, they are still waiting for his reply. I'll now escalate this ticket to our compatibility team, and when there is news about this issue, I'll let you know here.

Regards,
Itamar.

February 21, 2018 at 8:42 am #1524545

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Our compatibility team is working with the author for a fix on this issue.
Meanwhile, they have found that this problem is only happening when using the Translation Editor. As a workaround, you can use the native WordPress editor for the translation and this way it should work.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 21, 2018 at 10:06 am #2662496

elsG-2

Hi, when will this issue be resolved? What do you mean by the workaround exactly? (Events of the Events calendar plugin are not translated either.)

February 21, 2019 at 9:01 am #3225790

pabloE-5

I just ran into the same issue.

I can translate using the WPML manager, but it doesn't create the event.
My workaround is to disble it after translating and then "Manually translating". This gives me the event already filled out with the translation. Press publish and its done.

So it is almost there, but not quite.

February 21, 2019 at 11:25 am #3226993

Itamar
Supporter

Hi there.

This is an old issue which was fixed already.
If now you are having an issue with the Events Manager plugin by Marcus Sykes, please open a new ticket about it.

Best Regards,
Itamar.