Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
December 3, 2019 at 5:24 pm #5063215

bothienB

I am trying to: duplicate a recurring event and then edit the original event.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: can't as of now, page is members only

I expected to see: keep the relationship between original events (those populated by the recurring original event) and the translated events (those populated by the translated recurring event).

Instead, I got: short => a broken relationship.
Details / Scenario

Scenario A :
I make a recurring event with two tickets T_FR1, T_FR2.
I translate the recurring event, including ticket names T_EN1, T_EN2
=> All fine, including bookings, happy camper.

Then, I delete the second ticket in the original event (can’t do this in translated, anyway).
=> All fine in original (fr) event
BUT in the translated event, (customer view, FrontOffice) I get a “booking are closed for this event”.

On the admin side of things, when I look at the original event, I can notice that the usual “event options” section under “allow bookings / tickets definition” (like limits/capacities, reservation schedule …) has disappear and it’s no longer possible to add a new ticket …

Also (admin), I can see that the global event counters ("all” and “published”) are increased while the number of listed events is unchanged. Deleting all the recurring events do not change this, we have a remaining offset.

Scenario B :
Even more trivial; I edited the title of the original event (a ne one, no inheritance from scenario A).
And then … original and translated events stopped to be “synchronized” and – logically (as they lose their relationship) – when I booked one of the [translated] occurrences, all [translated occurrences] were booked together.

I've been trying hard to debug and understand what is the source of the problem but it's beyond my capacities to go deeper and I spent already close to 30 hours trying to reproduce various scenario to nail the key factor, which seems to be the recurring event update process.
As far as I can tell, in EM events table, events are still properly linked (event_parent key - see screen cap) so I believe there's a problem elsewhere ...

I've been on this for many days now and our customers are just in fury ...
Please assist 🙂

P.S: as per the debug info, it has been checked lately (last week) by Lauren for another issue (wondering if there might be a side-effect here - re : values instead of name fix)

December 3, 2019 at 7:30 pm #5064021

bothienB

Lauren, thank you.

December 5, 2019 at 2:02 pm #5077273

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I have reported my findings to the team that is currently testing the last release of Events Manager Pro. I will let you know once I hear something back.

December 5, 2019 at 3:05 pm #5077755

bothienB

Thank you Lauren,
on my side, I've ended the hunt; I spent too many days on this already.

Story short : I won't translate events in the admin panel; as I use only custom(-isable) forms, I use the [wpml-string context="myConpany-Events"] to store anything I need and voila, it's working as expected, in fact even more as this package will have non duplicated entries and only deal with what I want : mostly labels or texts.

There's a ticket @ EM support your dev team may want to see [warning : I've been back and forth, testing in many directions so it might be better to fly over first 😉 ]
here : hidden link

BR,
thanks for your interactive, patient and benevolent help
Antoine (aka bothienB)

December 5, 2019 at 3:42 pm #5078017

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks so much for sharing your workaround, and the link to EM support. I'll share this with our developers. I also appreciate all of your help with testing. I'm glad you found a way that will resolve this for you 🙂

Have a great rest of your day.