Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Johan 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Johan.

Author Posts
January 30, 2023 at 6:34 pm #12924167

damienB-8

Ok thanks found them, but there are plenty. Anything that can point me to the direction of the faulty file/ folder? Renaming all of them one by one, reactivating/ deactivating, reverting back to the previous name will take ages.

January 31, 2023 at 8:51 am #12927693

Johan

Hi,

I've asked but I think it could be all of them. I'm waiting for the feedback, so please wait before doing anything.

January 31, 2023 at 4:11 pm #12931973

damienB-8

Hello, Thank you for checking with them. I will await for your feedback then, hopeful that it will allow to narrow the possibilities.

February 1, 2023 at 1:31 pm #12938377

Johan

Hi,

We cannot say which mo file is corrupt unfortunately The .mo file could be in the plugin folder. The fact is that probably some of the .mo files might be corrupt or the code in /themes/phlox-pro/auxin-content/options/auxin-options.php(10230) could be bad.

I have escalated your issue to have further debugging so that someone will investigate for you.

I will let you know when its done on this ticket.

Johan

February 1, 2023 at 1:49 pm #12938787

damienB-8

Hello Johan, thanks for your assistance. Should I then still wait for further investigation before doing anything?

February 1, 2023 at 3:43 pm #12940057

Johan

You can continue working on it, I've made a copy of your website.
Thanks

February 2, 2023 at 4:48 pm #12949953

Johan

Your ticket is under testing, thanks for your patience.

February 2, 2023 at 7:59 pm #12950755

damienB-8

Hi Johan, ok noted.

February 5, 2023 at 8:18 am #12962561

Johan

Please we have found this solution after investigation : https://wpml.org/errata/php-8-php-fatal-error-uncaught-valueerror-unknown-format-specifier-in/

Try this and let us know how it goes,
Johan

February 6, 2023 at 1:44 pm #12968645

damienB-8

Ok so it is basically all the files... I mean, looking for instances in individual files where there is s% instead of %s is almost impossible. I have opened a few to check but there is so much % everywhere... I checked on the file shown as an example and could not find the inversion in it.
So your advice is then to delete all the mo files and reupload all translations. Correct? Any possibility to solve the issue by changing PhP version?

February 7, 2023 at 8:17 am #12975047

Johan

It is not necessary to delete files, just rename it.

Also not all the mo files but just the phlox-pro-fr_FR.mo file.. Note that once you renamed it, you will need then to redo re-do the translations with WPML String Translation, to rename it back.

As an alternative, you can also contact the Phlox theme support and ask to fix it in the MO file. Downgrading the PHP version possibly will also fix this, but our team is not sure about that.

Hope this is helping!

February 7, 2023 at 7:30 pm #12981911

damienB-8

Hi Johan, many thanks for your help! Apologies, I understood that the file you mentioned was an example and not the actual corrupt file that your team managed to identifiy. I already renamed it and it indeed solved the issue - I was able to reactivate WPML and our site is back online in all original language versions. Thank you so much for the support.

February 8, 2023 at 9:11 am #12984887

Johan

You are welcome!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.