This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Magnus 1 year, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 11, 2018 at 6:50 am #2485217

Magnus

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Import AIT-settings (four languages) from an old website to one under development.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
The documents and forum posts available under wpml.org.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
According to previous forum posts on the issue of "Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id" it should've been solved in version 3.0, but we're running 4.0.4.

What is the link to your site?

Please don't use the WPML Debug Info as we are unable to extract that information due to the bug.

July 11, 2018 at 5:31 pm #2487754

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

To resolve this issue you will need to remove those entries that are invalid. To do this, you must access your database and in the _icl_translations table, remove those records that are invalid.

For example, in the case of the error message that is in your screenshot, the element_id is 5127. You should search for it and remove it.

Remember before you follow the steps above, please make a full backup of your site.

If you want me to do it for you, just let me know so that I can request the credentials for you.

Thank you.

July 12, 2018 at 8:27 am #2488946

Magnus

Thank you kindly, this solved the issues for us.