This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 6, 2019 at 10:03 am #4524659

anne-kirstenG

Hello,

I have already translated the texts of my website in Trados Studio. Now I started using WPML and I cannot figure out how to export a xliff file that has not specified a target language (I don't want one file for DE-EN and another for DE-SE, I just want the source (German), so it fits the project I've set up in Trados with both target languages and so I can use the translation memory.)

Is this possible?

Thank you very much!
Anne

September 6, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4525185

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Anne,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to export/import XLIFF files and their structure: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 9, 2019 at 8:43 am #4534775

anne-kirstenG

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, I could not find the answer in the article you linked to. Maybe I was not clear enough in my question? I wonder if it is possible to export a XLIFF file that has not defined a target language.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Anne Goergens

September 9, 2019 at 11:28 am #4536657

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Anne,
Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately there is no possible to export a XLIFF file without a target language defined.

Regards,
Carlos