This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 14, 2019 at 6:33 pm #4573073

diegoA

Tell us what you are trying to do? I would like to change the wordpress theme of my site and therefore, in order to clean the database as much as possible, I would like to start a complete NEW wordpress, with a new Database . Therefore, I would like to export the information concerning WPML translations , mainly from pages and posts. Do you know if with the wordpress export/import tool the WPML set ups are also exported? How can i Make this?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Please note I would like to start a completely new wordpress , with the new theme and the new database , where I would like to import most of the information from the actual webpage. When everything will work well with the new design , i will put it in madridandyou.com to be the new design for the homepage.

You could tell me just to install the new theme in todays wordpress, but this is something I dont want to make, as part of my objective is to clean as much as possible the database and the wp-content folder (with pictures no longer being used, etc) . thank you

September 16, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4580855

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

To accomplish your goal I recommend you to use WP All Export plugin and then follow the steps described in our official documentation to import the content and their translations: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Kind regards,
Carlos