This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4381251

silviaB-15

I tried to export all the translations of the old site, wich was unclear becouse it spoke about a .po and a lot of "domains" where i could not find my translation data in.

I tried to inport it in the new site but after colpleting nothing changed.

I browsed trough multiple topics to find a sollution

link: hidden link

August 12, 2019 at 10:36 pm #4383869

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Are you talking about strings? If so, you can export and import using the String Translation feature, you can see the walkthrough in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#import-export-po

Note that you will now need to export each of these string domains individually. The WPML does not currently export and imports all at once.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

August 14, 2019 at 8:05 am #4393085

silviaB-15

I downloaded all string files from the translated website (which are a lot). in .po and .pot but none of them contain any texts which are translated. IT SHOULD NOT BE SO HARD TRANSFERRING TRANSLATIONS ON A CLONED WEBSITE. Long story short i have 200 downloaded files with no Dutch, France or German translations in there, just menu/notification texts.

August 14, 2019 at 8:52 am #4393593

silviaB-15

After updating the plugin on the old website (like it was already updated on the new site), the whole wp-admin backends gives a 500error. So now the site broke... We also tried searching for the translations in the phpmyadmin but nothing to be found.

August 14, 2019 at 9:16 pm #4397551

Bruno
Supporter

>>> I downloaded all string files from the translated website (which are a lot). in .po and .pot but none of them contain any texts which are translated.

Have you checked the option to export with translations and import using translations? I will attach a picture for you to see.

>>> IT SHOULD NOT BE SO HARD TRANSFERRING TRANSLATIONS ON A CLONED WEBSITE.

If you simply want to move from one site to another, you can use some tool like All in One Migration to completely export and import content from one site to another. If you only want to export strings, then, unfortunately, this is the only way right now.

>>> After updating the plugin on the old website (like it was already updated on the new site), the whole wp-admin backends gives a 500error. So now the site broke...

Please, could you enable debug to see if any error message is displayed? To do it, please check the steps in our documentation: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Then try again to check the problem. If any error message appears, please paste here in the post for me to see.

Thank you.

August 19, 2019 at 8:12 am #4414355

silviaB-15

the error i see is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ',' or ';' in /var/www/vhosts/24idcheck.nl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/jobs/query/class-wpml-tm-jobs-post-query.php on line 5

August 19, 2019 at 10:14 pm #4419429

Bruno
Supporter

When does this error appear? As soon as you upgrade WPML or when you perform any options? Or when you are trying to export or import the string?

Also, please could you make sure that you are using the version of PHP and MySQL according to the minimum WPML requirements (https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/)?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Export all translations and import them in the new site’ is closed to new replies.