Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
January 27, 2018 at 5:45 pm #1499100

silmikko

Hi,

Just bought your WPML product today (lifetime plan) and I think I love it already. Now I have some issue with it though and couldn't find a solution from the support area.

I'm using Astra theme and Elementor with some addons. I have made a staging site where I implemented translations perfectly and all works well. Now I have a issue that I can't implement the translation on the live site for some reason. I have activated "the licenses" for both sites, so that's not the case. Finnish is my primary language on the site and English secondary.

1. Is there any way to export the translations and all the settings and then import those settings to this live site?

2. With this staging site there is one other strange happening. Like I said everything works nicely but on my secondary language versions have something wrong. On each page, above the first picture (all pages start with a big picture at the top of the page) there is an extra gray area. Any idea how this is generated?

Here is a link to a screen shot of that gray area:

hidden link

My site is hidden link but all you can see is that the translation is missing and that this gray area is missing too.

Is there any support you can provide to me? I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

mikko

English translation pages.png
January 27, 2018 at 6:13 pm #1499115

silmikko

Ok,

Just noticed that there might be a plugin to which to use for importing / exporting. Tired to install it but just got an error message (attached) saying I need some pro version of the plugin. What does this mean, since I have a lifetime plan?

hidden link

Thanks guys!

mikko

WP All import issue.png
January 29, 2018 at 4:39 pm #1500465

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello mikko,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Have you try a migration plugin like Duplicator plugin or All-In-One WP Migration plugin to migrate the site from the staging site to the live site? Maybe this could make the migration of the information easier.

Also, could you tell me if you see any error message in the Javascript console of the broswer while on the page with the issue?

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

February 4, 2018 at 11:34 am #1506393

silmikko

Hi Carlos,

I'm sorry that it took time for me to answer to you. My first problem is now solved. There was just a page template(?) issue. For some reason WPML didn't make the page template exactly with the same settings. In the secondary language I needed to remove right sidebar and make the page full with / stretched. Can you tell me why this is like that?

But this second post I sent. Like I said I have bought the life time license. But for some reason I get this error message when activating import / export plugin that I should buy a pro version of the plugin. Here is copy pasted the message:

"WPML All Import requires WP All Import Pro or Free and WPML Multilingual CMS. | Hide Notice"

And the same is attached to this earlier post.

With this post is the debug info you requested.

I hope you can help me with that.

Cheers,

mikko

PS. I have ticked below "Notify me of follow-up replies via email" and "Receive email notifications when anyone posts a message (including WPML support)" but for some reason I didn't get the email notification when you replied to my message. So that's why it took time for me to answer to you. Is there a know issue with this?

February 5, 2018 at 3:44 pm #1507383

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi mikko,

1.- Regarding the page template issue, I don't have enough information to give you a final answer, however if you duplicate the content to the secondary language, all settings (including page template) must be copied to the secondary language. There is also the option you are using for translation, if you are using Manual Translation (WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup -> How to translate posts and pages) then you must select the page template manually in the translated page.

2.- The error message "WPML All Import requires WP All Import Pro or Free and WPML Multilingual CMS. | Hide Notice" means that you missed the WP All Import plugin (pro or free). This is a different plugin and it's not developed by WPML. I understand that this might seems confusing, but if you look closely you will see that the plugin you already installed starts with WPML and the missing one just with WP.

I recommend you to visit this link where you will find a tutorial on how to import/export using WPML All Import and WP All Import: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Note: Please let me know in your next answer if you didn't get the notification email so I will report it as an issue. We currently don't have any known issue related to our automatic emails.

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be happy to help 🙂
Kind regards,
Carlos

February 6, 2018 at 6:38 pm #1509023

silmikko

Hi Carlos

and thank you for your answer. Ok, now I get it = )

For the email issue. I didn't get any of these your answers to my email. I had to come and check the answers from this support forum. I hope you get it fixed.

Cheers,

mikko

February 6, 2018 at 7:27 pm #1509090

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi mikko,

Thank you for confirming that the issue of the email persists. I will report it inmediatlely. Thank you one more time 🙂

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be happy to help.
Cheers,
Carlos

February 6, 2018 at 7:35 pm #1509098

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi mikko,

This message is only for testing purposes, regarding the email issue you noted before. You can skip it.

Kind regards,
Carlos