This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
January 31, 2019 at 4:35 pm #3148848

goetzB

I am trying to:
generate a xliff file

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
a download file or a message in my mail account with the file

Instead, I got:
white screen

February 1, 2019 at 7:13 am #3150538

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please visit WPML>>Settings and make sure you are selected Choose default format for XLIFF file(XLIFF 1.2). Check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

If you are still having the issue, please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 1, 2019 at 9:01 am #3150820

goetzB

Followed your instructions, received another wihite screen and pasted the log file content.
The default format for XLIFF files was already set to the recommended one (XLIFF 1.2).

Many thanks, Goetz

February 1, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3152242

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Goetz,

Thank you for the updates. Please check any error or warning related to WPML is tracked in the *debug.log* file. The location of the *debug.log* file is */wp-content/* directory.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

February 4, 2019 at 7:08 pm #3159224
goetzB

After deactivating/activating the plugins stepwise and updating most of them I now have the problem that the translation basket is filled with allmost 500 items (products) but the page is not loading respektively is not showing any entries after a long time of loading.

Is there any chance to delete the items in the basket manually?
The items are no jobs yet which means I can't delete them via translation jobs ;(
The wordpress memory is already raised up to 256 MB.

Thx, Götz

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-translation-basket-clearing/

February 5, 2019 at 12:21 pm #3161817

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have opened a new ticket for the Translation Basket issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Export of Xliff files failes – white screen appears’ is closed to new replies.