No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 5:20 pm #2812798

Jon LaPorta

Hello,

We have a live WordPress website (www.pfannenbergusa.com) and installed the WPML plugin on a .dev website to apply Portuguese translations. We later decided to move our live website to a UAT server and not use our .dev anymore. When we tried to import the translated pages in the new site, we couldn't because the taxonomies of DEV and PROD (now UAT) are not identical.

On DEV there are there are "translation domains" that correspond to each post and start with "page-builder-shortcode-" (these contain the page translations) the same translation domains do not exist on UAT to import into.

We attempted to create a new domain/translation on UAT from a DEV export of page-builder-shortcode- as a test, but it did not work unfortunately.

I can still copy/paste the translations from DEV to UAT but first I wanted to know if you had any solutions to that problem other than to create matching CSVs to do an import.

Thanks,

October 13, 2018 at 9:46 am #2813973

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

After reading all your situation, I think the only solution I can think is to create matching CSVs to do an import as the child import (translation) needs to match its parent.

This forum is intended for how to questions. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development, So, for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in the technical forum.

Best regards,
Andrés

October 15, 2018 at 1:29 pm #2817720

Jon LaPorta

Hi Andrés,

How do we get a developer log in? I am the license owner, we didn't work with a developer to launch our website.

Thank you

October 15, 2018 at 1:32 pm #2817759

Andrés
Supporter

Hey Jon,

In that case, please log out and and log in again but using the WPML credentials that you received when you bought your WPML. 🙂

Regards

October 15, 2018 at 2:16 pm #2817933

Jon LaPorta

I just did but it doesn't work.

October 15, 2018 at 2:17 pm #2817935

Andrés
Supporter

Could you please tell me what happens? What do you mean with it does not work? Do you have a blank screen or your credentials does not work?

October 15, 2018 at 2:35 pm #2817974

Jon LaPorta

It says that the account does not exist when I try to log in with the credentials we received when we bought WPML

October 15, 2018 at 3:06 pm #2818028

Andrés
Supporter

I don't have a developer license associated to this ticket so I can't help you neither. Please, write an email to hello@wpml.org providing as much information as possible like:
- Day you bought your license.
- Email.
- Name.
They will help you to access to your WPML account.

Regards,
Andrés