Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
February 25, 2019 at 2:41 pm #3240383

hooiC

Tell us what you are trying to do? can we work on the translation in the development site and then export the xliff file and import into the live(production) site? is there anything we have to watch out. I can't find any documentation on this approach.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

February 25, 2019 at 3:33 pm #3240721

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Would you use your local translators or some paid translation service? In general there should be no issues with it, as long as the sites are cloned and the job id matches. However, job id alone would not be sufficient since if sites are different and if translation jobs do not match, job ID may not related to the same page. And job id is stored within xliff file, something like:

<file original="140-c7ba22a82df0898fe723ff767cb00142" source-language="en" target-language="de" datatype="plaintext">

I suggest you try that approach (trial and error), however I can't give you a definite answer whether this will work in your case.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

February 26, 2019 at 12:47 pm #3244770

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!