This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 27, 2019 at 7:49 am #3694813

salahD-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I deleting my current website and gonna start a new fresh wordpress installation, but I need my trasnlations to be migrated (stiring,products,pages).

What is the link to your site?
lovenaya.site is the website im taking the data from, lovenaya.com is gonna be my target website where I'll reinstall wordpress.

April 28, 2019 at 4:46 pm #3698635

salahD-2

I dont know whats taking you guys forever, I'm on a real hurry here.
After hours and hours of searching I've come to understand your guide of how to import the products using the import plugin. But my only issue here is how am I gonna create a connector between my products from the two csv files? especially the fact that I have 3k products! Im definitely not gonna be able to link them manually to each other and there will be a ton of mistakes. So how is it done?

April 29, 2019 at 10:51 am #3702357

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

But my only issue here is how am I gonna create a connector between my products from the two csv files?

Products usually have the same SKU in both languages. So, you can use the SKU field as a connector field.

Import guide:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Let me know if this helps.

Kind Regards,
Shekhar

April 29, 2019 at 10:56 am #3702369

salahD-2

Hello Shekhar,

That's the first thing that came to my mind, but the thing is that not all my products have an SKU, isn't there another way to connect them?

April 29, 2019 at 11:01 am #3702459

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

When you are importing the pages/posts/products you can use the WPML translation ID to be included in the CSV file which can be used as a connector afterward.

hidden link

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks