This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 6:46 pm #4350071

francoisT-5

I am trying to: export the translation memory (TM) and glossary to work in another translation tool.

I expected to see: an easy way to export my TM and the glossary.

August 7, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4354877

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Are you trying to export the glossary from WPML Advance Translation Editor? Please share more details about the requirement for a better understanding.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 7, 2019 at 12:31 pm #4355033

francoisT-5

You're correct: from within WPML Advance Translation Editor, how can I export the memory translation and the glossary so that I can use them in another translation tool?
Or is there a way to export the TM and glossary from the WPML dashboard in WordPress?

August 7, 2019 at 6:14 pm #4357295

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It sounds like a custom requirement. So I am checking it with our team.

In which format you are trying to import the glossary data? Or to which tool you are trying to export it?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 7, 2019 at 6:22 pm #4357315

francoisT-5

I don't know about the file standards for memory translations and for glossaries. There must be standards in the translation business, which I don't know much about. The point is to make sure any exported file could be imported in another CAT tools without loss of functionality.

For a glossary, maybe a XLSX or CSV could work.

August 8, 2019 at 9:37 am #4361517

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind information, I have discussed this requirement with our team. Now we don't have an option to export WPML Advance Translation Editor's translation memory and glossary.

But you can suggest it as a feature request. Please check the following URL and fill the form. We will surely consider it.

https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

--
Thanks!

Bigul