Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by ivetaS 9 months ago.

Author Posts
September 25, 2020 at 1:52 pm #7100071

ivetaS

Hello!

We have Woodmart e-commerce theme with Woocommerce plugin. All our pages are made with WPBakery Page Builder plugin.

We also use WPML translation management to tranlate our pages and products.

We have an issue with string translations:
when we make and save translations for our secondary language, WMPL (and/or WPBakery?) creates an extra <p> tags in our string translations. A <p> tags are added around the translated text, which creates a <p> inside a <p>, and so it renders incorrectly on the front page.

What is also interesting is this:
even though all string trnaslations have these <p> tags around them (but there should't be any, really!),
only button element text and its link text is rendered with <p></p> html tags on the front page!

In addition, there are some WPBakery Title elements that are enclosed with <p></p> html tags even though not visible on front page.(but again, there should't be any!)

In my case the most annoying issue is that button although I am sure that extra html tags should not be added in any case no matter if they are visible/rendered or not.

This problem is recent for our website - I have already deactivated my plugins, tested another theme but impossible to check for sure (because obviously WP Bakery page builder leaves shortcodes which are prety much useless for testing elements like buttons etc.).

I have attached some pictures to see the problem.

Thank you!

wpml-issue-with-html-p-tags-3.png
wpml-issue-with-html-p-tags-2.png
wpml-issue-with-html-p-tags.png
wpml-issue-strings-html-p-tags-5.png
wpml-issue-strings-html-p-tags-4.png
wpml-issue-strings-html-p-tags-3.png
wpml-issue-strings-html-p-tags-2.png
wpml-issue-strings-html-p-tags.png
September 28, 2020 at 11:50 am #7114461

ivetaS

Anyone?

September 29, 2020 at 9:33 am #7122033

ivetaS

My issue is NOT resolved but I can not wait any longer!