This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.
Problem:Extremely slow admin
page load is sometimes more then 4 minutes.
Solution:Please keep WPML & all related plugins enabled while we do these steps:
1. The WP Memory Limit needs to be increased. Minimum requirements are 128Mb, yours is currently 40Mb. https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php:
1 /** Memory Limit */ define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M'); 2. If you haven't already, can you review the following article https://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/ to ensure all relevant steps were followed?
3. Confirm the following settings are OFF or Disabled in WPML: - Auto ID adjust state - Track where strings appear - Auto register strings
4. Can you tell me more information about the hardware including the CPU?
5. What type of hosting do you have? Shared, VPS, Dedicated, etc?
6. Do you know if object caching is part of your PHP setup? PHP < 5.5 should be APC. Newer versions should use the zend op cache, uAPC will also work though but is slower. 7. Can you confirm that you are still experiencing performance issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Fifteen) ? W3 total cache + WPML 8. Are you using a cache plugin such as W3 total cache? 9. Make sure Disk caching is disabled. 10. Try disabling the W3 total cache plugin.
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.