This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pedroF-15 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 9:22 am

pedroF-15

I am trying to:
to translate ACF contents to show up in the pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
translation of English to Spanish or any other languages

Instead, I got:
None of the ACF filed content are showing even though translation has been done.

I am not getting option to get live Chat support. How I can do that? I am not getting the way of translation of ACF to get display.

I have gone through the documentation of the explanation but I am not able to achieve it. Can anyone help me with live chat support. so that I can go through the step by step procedure which I can follow other languages too.

August 9, 2019 at 6:44 pm #4372479

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with our issue.

I just checked the translation of the hidden link page, I could see that the custom fields are not translated and they are just empty fields. (screenshot attached).

You have mentioned that translation is already done. Can you please clarify how you did the translation, Can you please provide a screenshot of complete translation of custom fields?

Try adding the translation for the relevant fields and mark the translation as 100% complete. Clear any cache and check the page translation on the front end.

This is would probably solve your issue. Let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards
Raja

August 10, 2019 at 5:18 am #4374763

pedroF-15

Hi Raja,

thanks for the reply.

Yes I agree that I have not added or done proper translation with ACF fields. that is the reason I am requesting for live chat support so that it will be easier for me to understand as I need to translate the site to 9 different languages. Every time I cant ask for the same reason.

hidden link this page French Language translation already done. Kindly check the screenshot and its not showing on the about page when I select language to French.

How I can achieve this? I am facing not only with About us page I have other pages too. I have gone through the documents but I could not able to solve it.

Kindly help me in making me understanding so that I can take care of these things with other languages.

Thanks and regards

August 12, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4381335

pedroF-15

May I expect any response for this. I need to finish this as soon as possible.

August 13, 2019 at 10:48 am #4387137

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Kindly apologize for the delay, I don't work on the weekends and hence the delay.

I just figured out that your installation is missing the required PHP extension Multibyte string for WPML to function properly.

If you can enable it by yourself you can refer to the official PHP documentation
hidden link

If not, In most cases your hosting provider can help you enable the Multibyte string extension for your setup.

I hope this would solve your issue.

Kind regards
Raja

August 14, 2019 at 5:43 am #4392497

pedroF-15

Hi Raja,

I have enabled the multibyte string php extension and also I have changed the php version to 7.3.8 but in support page its still showing php older version. I dont know the reason.

well, after enabling the Multibyte string php extension page translation is not happened could you look into this.

Help me out in having live chat support. As we cant give more time in email and messaging. As we need to go live and this translation part is holding us from that.

Its high priority. Kindly help me out in this.

August 14, 2019 at 9:51 am #4393861

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the update.
Seems like the issue might be related to something else. It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

You can open a new chat (similar to the process of creating a new ticket) and refer to this ticket if you prefer to get live support. Any of our available supporters will take over the chat and continue helping your issue.

As of now, we don't have an option to convert the ticket to live chat support.

Regards
Raja

August 14, 2019 at 10:02 am #4393981

pedroF-15

Sure I will get you all the information. But I tried three times to connect for live chat support but it just created a ticket instead live chat support.

thats why I am requesting here to get me the feature of live chat support

August 14, 2019 at 10:08 am #4394033

pedroF-15

Hi Raja,

I updated define('WP_DEBUG', true);
what I should do to get debug file?

August 14, 2019 at 10:18 am #4394091

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I'm afraid we don't have any supporters online right now. All the tickets are created as chat and later converted to forum ticket if there is no supporter online or the client moved away.

Please make sure the below code is also update in wp-config.php just below define('WP_DEBUG',true);

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Once updated, Try updating the original about page and its translation, Open the french translation of about page in the frontend. Any errors and notices will be logged in the path
hidden link

let me know the results.

Regards
Raja

August 14, 2019 at 10:28 am #4394149

pedroF-15

Well,

Do me a favour, truly speak all the contents are updated for about us page. When I go to the dashboard I can see all the page content translated to language. Could you do it from your end so that I can get you the debug file

August 16, 2019 at 5:09 am #4404701

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Sure I can help you, However, I need FTP access to your site. It is not advisable to use any file manager plugin to edit the config files.

The issue with the strings not showing up on the front end can be due to various reasons and in most cases inspecting the logs will give some clue. so that we can help you better.

I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the FTP details of your site.

August 17, 2019 at 10:57 am
August 19, 2019 at 4:59 am #4413565

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Just like you added
define('WP_DEBUG', true), as you mentioned in your reply https://wpml.org/forums/topic/facing-problem-in-acf-implementation/#post-4394033

Please add define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true) just below the debug line. This will enable me to get in the access logs. The logs will be saved in your wp-content folder fo the WordPress installation.

I can find a related article to add the debug log to wp-config please refer hidden link

Kind regards
Raja

August 19, 2019 at 11:59 am #4415735

pedroF-15

HI Raja,

I have updated. Please have a look into this.

thanks and regards