This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.84 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 3:02 pm #2770974

michaelN-47

I am trying to: finalize a tranlsated page, all checkboxes checked, counter shows 100% of content translated

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: see pictures enclosed

I expected to see:That the status of the translated page is switching from "in process" to "finalized"

Instead, I got: status "in process"

September 27, 2018 at 10:25 pm #2771936

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

are you currently using a caching plugin ? if yes please make sure you clear your cache.

also go to the translation and make a minor edit , and save the translation again,

let me know your results

if the above solutions do not work run the following troubleshooting steps

Please go to WPML => Support , and click on "Troubleshooting" while in the Troubleshooting page please perform the actions. (specifically "set language information" but i recommend performing all of them"

September 28, 2018 at 9:19 am #2773051

michaelN-47

Hey Bobby,

thanks for your help, we don't use a caching plugin on our website.

In fact every time I open this page as a translator I have to do the last two translations again, because they haven't been saved. Just did that again with the same result, see picture enclosed.
In that page are hundreds of links, maybe this unusual and causing trouble?

Is there any other way to solve this issue without risking the full database? If not, what do I need to do to createn an backup of my database?

Maybe you could take a look for yourself in a TeamViewer session, I need this small problem to be resolved quickly, as it is one of the very few things holding me back to go live at the moment.

September 28, 2018 at 8:28 pm #2774827

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

its possible that there is an error 500 happening when you are saving causing the last two items to not save therefore not marking this translation as complete as seen in Translation Management.

do you see any errors within your console page when saving the translation ? (right click->inspect->console tab)

additionally please provide me with your error log as this can show us some more information.

if no apparent information is shown then i can take a closer look and login to your site's backend to create a duplicator package to test locally if that is possible

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

The topic ‘[Closed] Fail to finalize tranlsated page’ is closed to new replies.