This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 8, 2019 at 5:26 pm #3981141

ahmaditoO

I am trying to:
I am trying to use the Kuwaiti flag in place of the Pakistani flag used as a default ar.png for arabic language

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
KuwaitCAST.com

I expected:
to be able to simply upload a PNG as a custom flag.. I tried to upload kw.png (Kuwait flag) I have tried to upload ar.png (Kuwait flag) I have tried to upload Kuwaiti.png (Kuwait flag) they all failed to upload !

Instead, I got:
Error message "The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions." and I have not received any emails

June 9, 2019 at 4:58 am #3982349

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

First, your WP Memory and MaxInputVars are not enough: hidden link
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Your hosting allows you to increase up to 384mb

Also, please increase your MaxInputVars to 10000
You can ask your hosting support to increase the MaxInputVars

Are you able to upload other images in Media > Library ?

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.
- this is a common error message in WordPress.
- there could be many reason for this.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility issues. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Console Errors
In your chrome browser Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac) before you go to this step.
Check if you see any red errors here : hidden link and let me know.

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] failed to upload custom flag !’ is closed to new replies.