This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 9.95 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 9:14 am #3967343

artlifeO

I am trying to: list a product category for secondary language. Products are not shown, even I'm using " Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" in settings. They can be accessed individually, but trying to list them "by category" in a block is not possible. Only manually translated are shown, but manually translating I loose some images due to wooCommerce incompatibility with a plugin.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
(original language)
hidden link
(secondary language. Only manually translated is shown)
hidden link

As you can see, products exists, but are not listed in blocks:
single
hidden link
hidden link

list
hidden link
hidden link

I'm using DIVI. But event with original WooCommerce blocks, problem persist.

I expected to see:
All products for a certain category of a secondary language, even they are not manually translated.

Instead, I got:
An empty list...

June 6, 2019 at 2:10 pm #3969833

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language
When you are listing "by category", then the taxonomy term should also be using the setting "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language"

Is this set as such?

Please remember that this translation setting is only affecting how the products appear on the frontend. If a selection is done in the backend/programatically, nothing will be found. So, the cases where this setting can be used does have restrictions.

2. Diagnostic Test
After setting the taxonomy term to be "..appear as tranlsated"
If you delete the translation of the term "eyewear" and then attempt to list products with this URL:
hidden link

Do you see the products you expect?

The topic ‘[Closed] "fallback to default language" is not working on WooCommerce product listing’ is closed to new replies.