This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Sergio 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
August 31, 2016 at 8:37 pm #1047579

Sergio

Hello, I have a faq section in this website: hidden link
There was a FAQ in the top, and I wanted it to appear in the bottom. So I went into "quick edit" and I changed the date from 2016 to 2015. And updated.

This question completely disappeared from both wp-admin and live page.

I changed the date to only the English version, but also the Polish version disappeared.

Now in the FAQs section I see strange statistics:

All (41) | Published (41)
English (20) | Polish (20) | All languages (40)

Can you please help to solve the problem and recover the FAQ that disappeared?

September 1, 2016 at 8:52 am #1052629

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the support team. We are happy to help you.

Please take a full site backup, then try following steps and let me know your feedback.

1) Visit Settings>>Permalinks and resave your permalinks. Then check your posts are showing for you.
2) If not, visit WPML>>Support. Click on the troubleshooting blue link. Then click on the "Fix element_type collation". Confirm your posts are showing for you.

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 1, 2016 at 9:15 am #1052712

Sergio

Hi, I did the two steps below, but exactly still the same problem.
Same statistics. And the posts still are invisible for the two language versions

September 1, 2016 at 11:17 am #1053165

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Please confirm the following to track the issue.

1) Hope *FAQ* is a custom post type created using your theme or an another plugin ?

2) Create a new post for *FAQ* and check you can replicate the same issue.

3) After a backup, deactivate WPML plugins and confirm Hidden posts are visible or not

4) If possible make a test/staging site. Then upgrade to WPML 3.5.1.1(latest version of WPML) and confirm the issue exists for you

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 1, 2016 at 11:31 am #1053197

Sergio

1) Yes. It is a cherry framework theme, so fully WPML compatible.

2) I did it. The same issue can be replicated. I created a new FAQ in Polish. Translated in English. Changed the date to 2015 via Quick Edit. Immediately appeared the + sign in the FAQ list, saying that there is the Polish translation missing.
The English question disappeared from the list. The Polish question is still there in the list, and available on the live page (so a little different issue).

3) After a backup, deactivate WPML plugins and confirm Hidden posts are visible or not
No. Even after deactivating all plugins but WPML the posts that disappeared are still missing:
All (42) | Published (42)
English (20) | Polish (21) | All languages (41)

4) I have no possibility to do that 🙁

How can we proceed?

September 1, 2016 at 3:36 pm #1053960

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access your Dashboard for further checking.

Also, can I make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue in my local.

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 2, 2016 at 3:48 pm #1056816

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

I can replicate the issue in my local with your duplicator copy. And forwarded the details to our second tier team and waiting for their response. Please wait.

We would like to confirm one thing. Have you ever changed the name or slug of *FAQ* post type ?

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 2, 2016 at 4:17 pm #1056874

Sergio

Hi never changed that slug.

September 2, 2016 at 5:44 pm #1056962

Sergio

Hi, I went through my tickets at Template monster and I found out that I did change the slug in 2015.

Originally the URLs of the FAQs looked like this:
hidden link (please don't post the name of the site here)

They told me to:

1 .You will be able to change "testimonial-view" slug  in theme-init.php file on line 102 from themexxx/includes folder 

So I did change it to:

I have changed it to:
'label' => theme_locals("testimonial"),
'public' => true,
'show_ui' => true,
'show_in_nav_menus' => false,
'menu_position' => 5,
'rewrite' => array(
'slug' => 'testimonials',
'with_front' => FALSE,
),

Strange that there is such problem. They told me to do it, and it should work fine....

September 5, 2016 at 11:32 am #1060662

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Thank you for the details. I am escalating the ticket to our second tier team. They will contact you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 7, 2016 at 1:28 pm #1065672

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

I am Sumit from 2nd tier support.

This issue is coming from Post Type Switcher plugin. When you do quick edit there is a dropdown to select post type which is by default set to POST.
This behavior is same when WPML is deactivated. (Please check the screenshot)
So I would suggest that please contact the plugin support or disable that plugin.

Thanks

September 7, 2016 at 1:40 pm #1065708

Sergio

Hello, can you please make the previous message private or just delete the screenshots? I would like to keep the site name and content private.

===
I have disabled the plugin. But still the posts that disappeared do not appear.

All (42) | Published (42)
English (20) | Polish (21) | All languages (41)

How can I make appear that post that disappeared? (the one that you put in the screenshot)

Thanks

September 7, 2016 at 1:50 pm #1065744

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Now worries. I just deleted the screenshot.

I am sorry but I don't know what Post Type Switcher did to those FAQ items. It has nothing to do with WPML. You can ask to plugin support that how you can get those posts back.

Also please note we have trouble to update WPML because of bad values in database (Created by Post Type Switcher plugin). So those entries need to be corrected or deleted before we can upgrade to latest WPML. It will be great if you have a backup of site so you can fix the DB issue and you will get your FAQ items as well.

Thanks

September 7, 2016 at 1:55 pm #1065764

Sergio

Do you think this will work? https://wordpress.org/support/topic/simple-hack-to-add-wpml-support/

September 7, 2016 at 2:12 pm #1065807

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

That is a different problem. The topic is about to changing original post post type and then it will automatically change post type of all translation as well.

What we have here is a bug. When you made quick edit, post is gone and this happens with/without WPML.

I won't ask you to Google if something is related to WPML. 🙂 But I can not fix issue in other plugin.

Hope it helps.
Thanks