Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.92 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gutti 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
April 29, 2015 at 11:15 pm #609254

gutti

I am trying to: get my product categories (I only have one) to sync each other

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: Three products in the english category.

Instead, I got: but a 'No Results Found' message

May 4, 2015 at 6:58 am #610848

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I think this is the problem with product-category base. Here is what you need to do :

1. Open Settings > Permalinks
2. Input "product-category" in "Product Category Base" under section "Optional" (I will provide you screenshot)
3. Hit Save changes

Screenshot : hidden link

// NOTE : Please use English for product-category base (this is a must). Also if you see that "product-category" is inputed but it's grey, then it's not inputed and you should do it yourself, this value should be black, just like in the screenshot.

And now :

1. Open WPML > Themes and plugins localization (Make sure option "Translate by WPML" is being used)
2. Under section "Strings in the plugins" check "WooCommerce" and "WooCommerce Multilingual" and hit "Scan the selected plugins for strings" button
3. Open WPML > String Translation
4. In search bar type in "product-category" and hit search button
5. You should now see the results (I will provide you another screenshot)
6. Translate each one of them to other languages (make sure you check "translation complete")

Screenshot : hidden link

Now everything should work as expected.

Thanks.

May 8, 2015 at 9:59 am #614874

gutti

Thanks for the advice. I am in step 2 "Scan the selected plugins for strings". But this scan seems newer ending...it goes on and on and never stops....

May 8, 2015 at 10:04 am #614881

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

This can happen sometimes, if the scan takes longer than one minute, just refresh the page and try again, maybe you'll need to do it few times.

After you complete this step, continue following the procedure.

Thanks.

May 8, 2015 at 10:29 am #614909

gutti

Hi. I have tried to refresh several times - it just continues to scan.

May 8, 2015 at 10:41 am #614920

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Can you please provide me the credentials to your website as I would like to take a closer look at this issue?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

May 8, 2015 at 12:23 pm #615044

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I am sorry, but I am unable to access /wp-admin section with this account. Can you please provide me admin credentials?

I will mark next reply as private as well.

Thanks.

May 8, 2015 at 1:18 pm #615092

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I saw in our String Translation Plugin that Product-Category base was already translated.

I have just inputed that base under Settings > Permalinks

Now everything works fine, please check hidden link and confirm that your issue is now resolved.

Have a nice weekend! 🙂

May 8, 2015 at 2:00 pm #615130

gutti

Hi Mladen. Yes, now everything works. Good job. Thanks and have a good weekend too 🙂