This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Juliette 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 11, 2019 at 8:14 am

Juliette

WPML is giving a fatal error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_external_repo() on null in /home/theland8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:2335 Stack trace: #0 /home/theland8/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WP_Installer->setup_plugins_page_notices('') #1 /home/theland8/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #2 /home/theland8/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #3 /home/theland8/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php(276): do_action('admin_notices') #4 /home/theland8/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(459): require_once('/home/theland8/...') #5 {main} thrown in /home/theland8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 2335

All other plugins on our site are NOT available in the backend when WMPL is activated.

When I remove WPML the backend behaves normal. I tried to re-install and get the same problem again.

Can you help out?

April 11, 2019 at 8:51 am #3585287

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. Sorry for the trouble, this Plugins page issue has been escalated to our development team. We have a workaround that I am going to try in your site. Please wait and I will get back to you with my findings.

Thank you

April 11, 2019 at 8:58 am #3585311

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I logged into your site, followed these steps and the issue is gone now:

1. Activate latest WPML plugin.
2. Go to Dashboard -> Updates
3. Press the "Check again" button
4. Scroll to the bottom and press the "Update" button
5. Go to the Plugins page.