This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Daniel Toma 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Daniel Toma

I am trying to: install WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the WPML instaled

Instead, I got:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_ST_WP_Wrapper::__construct() must be an instance of WP, string given, called in /home/r61395pepa/pepascloud.info/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-cache-factory.php on line 59 and defined in /home/r61395pepa/pepascloud.info/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-wp-wrapper.php:15 Stack trace: #0 /home/r61395pepa/pepascloud.info/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-cache-factory.php(59): WPML_ST_WP_Wrapper->__construct('4.0') #1 /home/r61395pepa/pepascloud.info/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-displayed-string-filter.php(63): WPML_ST_DB_Cache_Factory->create('ro') #2 /home/r61395pepa/pepascloud.info/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/class-wpml-register-string-filter.php(72): WPML_Displayed_String_Filter->__construct(Object(SitePress), 'ro', false, NULL) #3 /home/r6 in /home/r61395pepa/pepascloud.info/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-wp-wrapper.php on line 15
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

July 15, 2019 at 10:54 pm #4214783

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

If possible please provide me with admin access to take a closer look at the current error you are experiencing as i currently cannot view the backend

also if you have your FTP access details that could be useful in case i need to test locally

July 16, 2019 at 3:07 pm
July 16, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4223103

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Please go to your FTP and navigate to wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation plugin and add ".deactivate" next to it.

let me know your results

unfortunately i am not able to access your FTP , i have tried with the xml provided and manually but i keep getting an authentication error

once done please update me as i will need to test this locally to resolve the issue being caused by WPML String Translation

July 16, 2019 at 6:36 pm #4223261

Daniel Toma

Hello,

I have no ideea why is not working. Issue is fixed and you can test it now. Please let me know if you need anything else.

July 16, 2019 at 8:21 pm #4223807

Bobby
Supporter

There is a compatibility issue between WPML String Translation and then plugin
WooCommerce Abandoned Cart Recovery by Villa Theme

please deactivate it and then re activate WPML String Translation and update me with your results

please note that the plugin is currently not listed as compatible with WPML
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

July 16, 2019 at 8:25 pm #4223813

Daniel Toma

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! And I will take your advice and next time I will check the list of compatible plugins.