Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4940615

dianaR

I am trying to delete a product and I get:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation::translate_images_in_post_content() must be an instance of WP_Post, null given, called in /home/junglear/public_html/brentarivermusic.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 107 and defined in /home/junglear/public_html/brentarivermusic.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php:130 Stack trace: #0 /home/junglear/public_html/brentarivermusic.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php(107): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images_in_post_content(NULL, Object(WPML_Post_Element)) #1 /home/junglear/public_html/brentarivermusic.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(290): WPML_Media_Post_Images_Translation->translate_images(20749) #2 /home/junglear/public_html/brentarivermusic.com/wp-includes/class-wp-h in /home/junglear/public_html/brentarivermusic.com/wp-content/plugins/wpml-media-translation/classes/media-translation/class-wpml-media-post-images-translation.php on line 130

Si è verificato un errore critico sul tuo sito web. Controlla la casella di posta dell'amministratore del sito per istruzioni.

November 14, 2019 at 2:29 am #4943793

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please, try the following:

1 - Temporary disable the 'WPML Media Translation' addon plugin.

2 - Delete your product again, then activate WPML Media Translation again.

Please, let me know if the issue keeps happening. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

November 14, 2019 at 8:20 am #4944553

dianaR

Hi Marcos! Yes it's working like that. Should I always do like that or does the plugin have some problem? Thanks for your help.

November 14, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4947317

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We would need to investigate it further in order to make sure it is happening just for one specific product or for all the products, in any case it is not the expected behavior so we need to find out the cause.

Does it happens for other products as well? For example, if you create a new test product and then you try to delete it with WPML Media Translation activated does the same issue occur?

Please, let me know so we can proceed with a definitive solution. Thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

November 14, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4947421

dianaR

Hi! With a new test products, no problem.
with an old product, yes, problem.

November 14, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4949271

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. In this case an additional investigation is needed here, for that, please consider: To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.

November 19, 2019 at 2:47 pm #4973439

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above, thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal error’ is closed to new replies.