Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
March 17, 2016 at 7:33 pm #840582

clausuleB

I am trying to duplicate an English page but when I want to save or update the new translation I receive a fatal error. The same fatal error also appears under Drafts > All languages.

Under WP Pages it shows 5 Drafts. But when I click on Drafts there is none. I also have 2 Products under Woocommerce that are invisible. Besides the fatal error above, I get 7 errors in my XML sitemap at Google WMT for my Dutch language (English is default).

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link (Fatal error). And also when I translate and save/update this page: hidden link.

March 18, 2016 at 9:14 am #840919

Dat Hoang

Each ticket we focus on 1 issue only. Please open new tickets for each problem. That helps others with the same problem find the solution quickly.

In this ticket, I suggest working on the issue "fatal error".
It seems a bug in our code, please take a look at: https://wpml.org/errata/fatal-error-changing-default-admin-language-non-installed-language/ .

Does that help?

---------------

For other issues I quickly answer you based on your info above, however I will not follow up. Like I said above, please open new tickets.

For the draft pages, Please go to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting > Click the following buttons
* Clear the cache in WPML
* Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
* Fix element_type collation
* Assign translation status to duplicated content
* Set language information
* Fix terms count
* Fix post type assignment for translations

For the XML sitemap, there are some tags missing and that should be an issue with the plugin creating the sitemap or a compatibility issue. Please check those tags.

March 18, 2016 at 9:47 am #840974

clausuleB

Hi Dat,

This doesn't help. You are referring to a thread that assumes: "When setting the admin language to a non-active language, WPML String Translation may throw a fatal error."

This is not the case here. I have WP and all other plugins installed with English as default and until now never changed any of them to another language. My admin language is English. And I use WPML to translate English content to Dutch.

Please re-read my post carefully regarding the fatal error. I have also included screenshots and a debug report.

I hope this can be fixed soon.

Regarding multiple issues, I think the invisible Drafts (Pages) and invisible Products (Posts) issue is related to the fatal error. Or am I mistaken here?

Regards,
Clausule

March 18, 2016 at 12:35 pm #841146

clausuleB

Hi Dat,

1) I will mark this ticket as resolved.
The steps you described for draft pages worked flawlessly.

2) For the fatal error I can wait for a future update that includes a fix.

3) The invisible products I assume are related to Woocommerce and not WPML? If not, please let me know so I can open another ticket.

4) XML sitemaps I will contact the respective developer for.

Thanks,
Rudi

March 21, 2016 at 3:05 am #842096

Dat Hoang

Great to hear that you have the solution for the draft pages.

We released WPML 3.3.7 beta, in which includes the fix for the fatal error. Can you please check and test this version?

You can find the beta package at: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ (scroll down to the bottom).

NOTE:
* Please use this beta package in your testing/staging sites only.
* You need to unzip this package and update your current WPML plugins manually.

More info about this beta: https://wpml.org/2016/03/wpml-compatibility-release-wordpress-4-5/