Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
August 23, 2021 at 2:53 pm

yeray-davidL

the activation of WPML creates a fatal error that prevents the site from loading. We thought that it was an incompatibility with the theme, but Theme Forest assures that is fully compatible. Could you help me out troubleshot the issue?

August 23, 2021 at 3:35 pm
August 23, 2021 at 8:48 pm
August 23, 2021 at 8:50 pm #9445341

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the replication process is done. Thanks.

August 24, 2021 at 7:35 am #9447187

yeray-davidL

Hi again Mateus, I have not been able to reproduce the error in the sandbox. But I think I have found a kind of solution. I have changed the home page, which came with a setup that seemed to cause problems. Now I don´t seem to have that error, please could you check that everything works?

If so, please bring all results to how they were before. I have already enough unknows to run things away from predefined values.

Thanks a lot.

If all is good, I will keep on designing the web

August 24, 2021 at 7:52 am #9447267

yeray-davidL

Could you also please correct this log. I need to have a secure page and the debug mode, I believe, leaves exposed some data.

Debug mode is often enabled to gather more details about an error or site failure, but may contain sensitive information which should not be available on a publicly available website.

The value, WP_DEBUG_LOG, has been added to this website’s configuration file. This means any errors on the site will be written to a file which is potentially available to all users.

Thanks a lot

August 24, 2021 at 8:00 pm #9453231

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for the updates.

Glad that you were able to resolve this. Regarding the DNS, no, we haven't changed anything related to it. Also, the settings for the debug mode were restored to their default values.

I hope we are good to close here. Feel free to contact us any time if you need assistance with our products.

Kind regards,
Mateus.