This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Norman 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Norman

I am trying to: Clone the site for testing using BackupBuddy

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: WPML freezes the site. In WordPress recovery mode I can see the attached error statement.

July 23, 2019 at 9:47 pm #4268971

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. I tried to check what could be happening on your site, but now this message is popping up: The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Probably some problem happened the moment I tried to enable WPML. Please, would you send us FTP credentials so we can test what may be happening? At the moment, if a problem happens, we are unable to check again and are left without access. Your next message will be private.

Thank you.

July 24, 2019 at 9:02 am
July 24, 2019 at 7:57 pm #4277303

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you. This looks like a WPML registry got corrupted at the time WPML was being set up. To fix the problem I followed the steps below:

- Open your database manager (ARI Adminer or PHPMyAdmin, for example)
- Click on see the wp_options
- Look for 'wpml_language_switcher'
- Click to edit this register
- On the "option_value", remove the content and use this one: https://pastebin.com/raw/GBKXQbuc
- Click on the Save to save this change
- After following these steps, enable WPML again

Note: the JSON code above is code from a new installation. This was the register that was corrupted, so it was necessary to use the code of a new installation.

After following these steps, I can enable WPML. Could you please check if your site is working properly?

Thank you.

July 25, 2019 at 11:01 am #4282133

Norman

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!