Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 101 replies, has 39 voices.

Last updated by George Botsev 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
June 7, 2018 at 2:42 pm #2396862

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

@joeri Perhaps you should also try to enable debugging mode and try in minimal setup.

June 7, 2018 at 3:37 pm #2397094

MatrixMedia

Hello,
I have a similar problem ... after the update a plug-in crashes:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'InvisibleReCaptcha\Modules\WordPress\WordPressPublicModule' not found in /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/invisible-recaptcha/engine/PublicEngine.php:30

Stack trace:
#0 /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/invisible-recaptcha/includes/plugin/MchBasePlugin.php(109): InvisibleReCaptcha\PublicEngine->__construct()
#1 /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/invisible-recaptcha/engine/RequestHandler.php(21): InvisibleReCaptcha\MchLib\Plugin\MchBasePlugin::getInstance()
#2 /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): InvisibleReCaptcha\RequestHandler::InvisibleReCaptcha\{closure}('')
#3 /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#4 /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#5 /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-settings.php(327): do_action('plugins_loaded' in /home/hh2iwy9x/public_html/mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/invisible-recaptcha/engine/PublicEngine.php on line 30

June 7, 2018 at 5:15 pm #2397471

frederiqueS

it seems to work again! thanks

June 7, 2018 at 5:22 pm #2397492

Joeri

It's the Invisible Recaptcha plugin that's causing my error, thanks @MatrixMedia same for you I guess!

June 8, 2018 at 1:20 am #2398586

johnR-29

Hi, I also get a fatal error after updating the plugin. See the screenshots attached, please. I have been in touch with my hosting provider and they said that the server was trying to read the files but it couldn't due to, apparently, a problem with the files. Can anybody help me with this, please?

June 8, 2018 at 6:52 am #2398905

George Botsev
Supporter

@johnr-29 Thank you for the screenshots.
As far as I see - our main plugin - WPML Core and WPML Translation Management failed to update for some reason.
Also, the fatal error that you are noticing comes from WPML Translation Management - meaning there could be a partial update of that plugin that is corrupted.
I don't know why this happened, and it is very strange, but perhaps if you remove or rename the folders via FTP and add a fresh copy of these two plugins manually - then the problem should be resolved.

June 8, 2018 at 8:24 am #2399090

johannesP-6

Hello, I had similar problems, even though I didn't actively update the plugins. Even after deactivating the media translation plugin through FTP, I wasn't able to update all WPML plugins, without getting new errors. Now I renamed all WPML/Sidepress plugin files through FTP and installed the whole plugin again through the backend, including the core. I hope this didn't delete my configurations and translations, but it seemed to work.
I also have concerns about the damage your plugin caused to my business and about this happening again, which I included in my ticket.

June 8, 2018 at 9:20 am #2399208

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @johannesp-6
I am sorry for your bad experience with our plugins.

Deleting our plugins will not delete any settings or translations.

About this happening again - we always recommend as a best practice to use a staging environment first and update there and check if it causes issues. This is especially true for major versions like WPML 4.0 where a lot of things have changed.

June 8, 2018 at 9:38 am #2399231

Cem

hi george, yes after replacing the code, no fatal error but there is another problem about admin page loading..

when wpml sitepress plugin is inactive --> 115 requests 140K transferred, load time 6 seconds
when wpml sitepress plugin is active --> 234 requests 177K transferred, load time 2.9 minutes!

many custom-fields-info.js loadings from /plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/dist/js/post-meta/custom-fields-info.js?ver=4.0.0

it makes admin page loading around 3 minutes!. (no problem on front end)

any comment welcome.. thanks, cem

June 8, 2018 at 9:54 am #2399277

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @cem
That is very strange!
Please check if you have some contexts excluded from auto-registration in WPML > String Translation - and if so - re-add them.
Please also check if you have "Auto adjust ID" option in WPML > Languages checked and if not - check it and finally please check if the option in WPML > Theme and Plugin localization is selected to not load .mo files.
If that does not help then this is something that we would want to take a look in a separate ticket as it is something strange.

I recommend creating a backup before doing any changes on your site - as a best practice.

June 8, 2018 at 10:23 am #2399396

lukasP-12

Hello George, I had the same problem - fatal error after updating with the Media Translation plugin. I was able to deactivated it using FTP. Today after update of all the WPML plugins there is a problem with Product translations in Woocommerce. I am updating product titles, descriptions and images...But the images in the translated product are not changing. Why? What should I do? Could you help me with that? Thanks, Lukas

June 8, 2018 at 12:07 pm #2399955

George Botsev
Supporter

Hello @lukasp-12
I am not sure why the problem with the editing of products happens.
I suggest you test in a minimal setup - as some other plugin might be involved here or try the latest WooCommerce Multilingual beta available from our site in /account/downloads/
If this does not help as a suggestion, please open a new ticket in our support forum.

June 8, 2018 at 12:55 pm #2400070

lukasP-12

Hi George, the beta version works! Thx 😉

June 8, 2018 at 1:06 pm #2400094

George Botsev
Supporter

I am happy to hear that it helps @lukasp-12

June 8, 2018 at 2:38 pm #2400455

samuelP-9

I also had that, So by FTP I deleted sitepress-multilingual-cms, downloaded the new versions and re-uploaded and activated it.
That worked fine.
I got the exact same fatal error this morning in updating to 4.0.1 - am doing the same procedure