Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.58 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andres 5 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Author Posts
October 8, 2014 at 12:40 pm #488273

Andres

Hello, I'm having a problem with WPML wich leads to:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13816 bytes) in /******/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wpml-config/wpml-config.class.php on line 207
when trying to do some things in wp-admin, like updating menus or user preferences.
WP_MEMORY_LIMIT is set to 256M

I've tried the solution of:
http://wpml.org/errata/maximum-function-nesting-or-allowed-memory-size-exhausted/
But now the problem is that when trying to update the menus it leads me to an Internal Server Error.

I've tested this on my development server (MacOSX) and in the production server (Linux), both with different configurations, with the same results.

Also I've tried what Menno says in: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/blank-screen-on-saving-menu-causing-by-string-translation/ but the problem even goes further, broke all the translated strings of the theme/plugins, and I had to import again a backup of the database.

I've noticed that disabling some other plugins (like Tevolution plugins or Google XML Sitemaps) the problem disappears.

WPML Plugins are up to date and WordPress is 4.0

I didn't had that problem before, the problem began when I updated WPML plugins to the latest and WordPress to 4.0, also I had to increase the Memory Limit from 128M to 256M

October 9, 2014 at 7:00 am #488819

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting our support!

I can see that you have the plugin "Installer" enabled.
This plugin is no longer compatible and known to cause major problems like the one that you are describing.
Could you please disable it and test if your issues persist?

Let me know if you have any further problems with this.

October 9, 2014 at 9:31 am #488978

Andres

Thanks George, unfortunately that didn't solve my problem, I disabled "Installer" plugin and the issue persists

October 9, 2014 at 9:59 am #489010

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Can you enable debug logging for WordPress and use pastebin to provide us link with the debug log?
It might be a compatibility problem with other plugin.

October 9, 2014 at 10:37 am #489038

Andres

I cannot get any debug log because it redirect me to an Internal Server Error and it saves nothing to debug.log or doesn't display anything to the WordPress output. The same with Linux (production) and OSX (development)

October 9, 2014 at 12:00 pm #489106

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site – preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible – in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

October 9, 2014 at 12:29 pm #489141

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Can you please test, after making a backup of your site, to update the Trevolution plugins to their latest versions.
I suspect that they may have some negative effects about this errors that you have.
Also there are some updates for other WPML plugins. If you could update them as well it would be very good.
Let me know if this helps.

October 9, 2014 at 5:32 pm #489444

Andres

I'm sorry George, but that doesn't solved the problem.

Anyway, I disabled the plugin "Google XML Sitemaps", which is very popular (15 millions users), but seems to be problematic with my configuration.
Instead I installed "Better WordPress Google XML Sitemaps" which appears to function perfectly.

Thanks for your assistance.