Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 12:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
May 24, 2022 at 9:30 pm #11297231

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

The only recommended settings that we have available are the ones here:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

We don't recommend a specific OS or software - if our developers would have considered that this was important, I think it was mentioned in the recommendations.

Many of our customers, as far as I know, are not using a VPS, but probably a shared hosting (sometimes, a cheaper one, sometimes, a more premium one).

But WPML usually works as long as the requirements are met.

Usually, when WPML doesn't work correctly on a server, one of the extensions mentioned here (https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/) or one (or more) of the conditions is not met.

That is always resolved by the server support team.

Hope this helps.

Mihai

May 30, 2022 at 2:55 pm #11345639

alexT-32

Hi,

We have bought new server with cpanel, copied website over there and it still doesn't work. I've contacted hosting support. They say the problem lies within the plugin itself. Could you please have a look.

Regards.

May 31, 2022 at 12:48 pm #11353255

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I can definitely take a look but I'm not sure there's anything else I can do taking into consideration that I was not able to reproduce the issue.

Maybe the migration process creates this issue, we recommend using the "Duplicator" plugin for website migrations. Or maybe the same company is hosting this new server (the same company who hosted the other server where there were issues before). Have you considered more popular hosting providers like Siteground for example?

Please create a full website backup and then share with me the credentials in the private fields below but if I will get the fatal error, there won't be any debugging that I can do because I would need server/hosting access to get the website back up and dig a little dipper and our policy doesn't allow us to access customer's hosting panel, database panel or domain panel.

Mihai

June 3, 2022 at 8:45 am #11380879

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

FTP doesn't help much 🙂 ftp only allows you to see the files on the server but you get no DB access or server logs.

I am not even allowed to access the site (attached screenshot below).

Probably there are a lot of limits or security rules in place for these servers and maybe that's why even WPML is not working well on them, because on a clean testing server of ours, your site worked perfectly and the issue could not be recreated.

The browser won't even let me access the admin area from this site that you gave me access to now. So there's clearly an issue on the server side I would say.

screencapture-dev-elitamoda-wp-admin-2022-06-03-11_42_16.png
June 3, 2022 at 11:28 am #11382621

alexT-32

Okay... Could I ask for another support assistant assigned for this case? You are clearly incompetent if a basic self-signed certificate for development environment makes you unable to access website...

And here is bit of learning information for you:
hidden link

June 3, 2022 at 2:34 pm #11384151

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Those kind of warnings should come with an option to continue to the URL if I want, and that is what is usually showing up when you click the “Advanced” button/URL. However, in this case, when I clicked “Advanced”, there’s no option to continue. That is also why I sent you the screenshot, so that you can see what it shows me when I click that button.

No worries, I will transfer this to our WPML Support leader.

You will be notified via email when there’s a reply in this ticket from him.

Have an amazing rest of the day.

Mihai

June 6, 2022 at 8:39 am #11393617

alexT-32

Have you heard of other browsers? Try Firefox, you might get surprised of the result...

June 7, 2022 at 5:58 am #11400607

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Alex,

I will be taking over the ticket and helping you further.

I have tried to access your website and FTP, but it seems the credentials provided are not working anymore. I have tried multiple times both with server protection and FTP.

I assume you have probably changed them as I also see you do not have a WPML license active anymore.

We apologize for the troubles caused, and please try to understand my colleague tried his best to help, sometimes these server-specific issues can be tricky and difficult to debug if they do not happen on another server. We are always glad to help in any way we can and check further your issue if caused by WPML in order to make it work seemingly for you so you can use our product.

Feel free to contact us if you do decide to reactivate your WPML subscription and we will be glad to help further.

Thanks and kind regards,
Drazen

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted’ is closed to new replies.