This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Fatal error: Call to a member function get_currency_codes()

Solution: The client is getting fatal error while visiting frontend of the site. The problem was solved by enabling the multi-currency option from WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Multi Currency.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#multiple-currencies

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by phamH 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 24, 2018 at 8:03 am

phamH

I am trying to:
remove and new install
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_currency_codes() on null in /home/evn.info.vn/public_html/wp-content/themes/porto/inc/functions/layout.php:168
Instead, I got:
Hello,
using your plugin with this popular theme gives an (almost) whitescreen, 500 on the homepage. Debugging on tells there is this error. It seems related to Woocommerce. How to fix this?

March 26, 2018 at 4:02 pm #1556859

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please visit WooCommerce>>WooCommerce Multilingual>>Multi Currency and enable the multi-currency option. Then make sure you are still having the issues. Check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#multiple-currencies

If you still have the issues, please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue. Becuase the site is not loading for me in the frontend. Does it happen because of this error?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 27, 2018 at 3:55 am #1557332

phamH

Solved