Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 18 voices.

Last updated by ahmedL-2 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
September 4, 2017 at 3:58 pm #1358272

filippoD-6

After updating WPML I get this error when I try logging into wordpress dashboard.
It says:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPML_Notice::must_reset_dismiss() in /home/brebisnoir/brebisnoir.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notices.php on line 111

Please help!

September 5, 2017 at 6:55 am #1359083

Ankit

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support forum.

This is Ankit from wpml support, I will assist you with the issue further. Hope this is fine 🙂

Could you please do following for me?

1. Login to FTP and rename "sitepress-multilingual-cms" folder inside wp-content/plugins/ directoy to something else so that site would work again.

2. Deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme, check if similar issue still persists or not? If not, then please activate the deactivated plugins one by one and check if issue appears. If all the plugins are activated and issue is not appearing, activate your theme and check if issue appears.

This can be somewhat non-trivial task, so it will be better if you can perform this test on development/staging server of your website.

IMPORTANT: Please take database and file backup of your website before performing these steps, it may require in case something goes wrong.

3. If problem persists, I would request you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply (See attachment). The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Regards,
Ankit

September 5, 2017 at 9:31 am #1359427

Alan

Just to let you know, that I see the same problem on my site. Currently I don't have the time to look for the issue, so I have to stay with the older version. But it looks like this is an issue in general:

[Tue Sep 05 11:29:00.279505 2017] [:error] [pid 4814] [client 223.197.188.191:63220] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPML_Notice::must_reset_dismiss() in /srv/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notices.php on line 111, referer: hidden link

September 5, 2017 at 10:09 am #1359555

Ankit

Could you please try following?

1. Deactivate wpml multilingual CMS plugin.

2. Login to FTP and go to wp-content/plugins/ folder.

3. Delete "sitepress-multilingual-cms" directory.

4. Download plugin from: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ and extract it.

5. Upload it via FTP.

6. Activate plugin.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Ankit

September 7, 2017 at 9:16 am #1363247

Martin Schadegg Brønniche

I am experiencing this error as well, also after updating the plugin.
When I try to extract the zip file using either wp-cli or just the unzip command, it fails. For some reason, however, I cannot reproduce this problem on our staging server, as the plugin updated just fine over there.

Additionally, disabling the plugin fixes the admin panel (No surprise there), and reinstalling the latest files did not help.

September 7, 2017 at 9:46 am #1363290

Ankit

Hi Karsten,

Could you please try the procedure mentioned over here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-method-wpml_noticemust_reset_dismiss-in-home/#post-1359555 ?

Regards,
Ankit

September 7, 2017 at 9:52 am #1363301

Martin Schadegg Brønniche

I tried. It doesn't work. Getting the same issue.

September 8, 2017 at 12:06 am #1364346

tahaZ

Getting the same issue on my site. Did you guys just push an update that's unstable and buggy?

September 8, 2017 at 12:40 am #1364357

tahaZ

I had to update WordPress before re-installing WPML and it seemed to work.

September 11, 2017 at 3:04 pm #1367585

Ryan Sim

I'm having the same problem. I have deactivated the plugin - how long until this is corrected and I can turn it back on?

September 11, 2017 at 5:24 pm #1367820

bezbeli

Same problem here, after deactivating plugin sitepress-multilingual-cms admin works fine but crashes on reactivation

September 12, 2017 at 7:04 pm #1369239

kaceyC

We are having the same problem. Tried the suggested fixes, but no luck.

September 14, 2017 at 8:15 am #1371307

andreas-38

same problem to me need a quick solution please..

January 19, 2018 at 11:58 am #1489795

sylvainG-11

Hi, same problem. There is no solution since all that time ??? This is very critical. Give us a solution to access our wp-admin.
Log : [19-Jan-2018 11:27:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method WPML_Notice::must_reset_dismiss() in /home/dplanguefa/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notices.php on line 111

Seems like the solution you gave us (deactivates plugin and upload a fresh one) don't work.
So could you please give us a real solution ? As also we don't have access to our wp-admin?

Thanks!

January 22, 2018 at 4:47 pm #1492436

kaanP

Hello,
I have the same problem:
Call to undefined method WPML_Notice::must_reset_dismiss() in ....sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/notices/class-wpml-notices.php on line 111

I tried to update manualy but no joy. After that I also tried to update wpml-string-translation manualy but that made it worse:
Call to undefined method WPML_Notices::get_notice() in ... wpml-string-translation/classes/mo-scan/feedback/wpml-st-mo-scan-notices.php on line 126
and
Call to undefined method WPML_Notice::set_nonce_action() in ... wpml-string-translation/classes/performance/class-wpml-st-fastest-settings-notice.php on line 80

I can't update the plugin. Please assist.
TIA