This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
May 11, 2019 at 10:19 pm

davidB-192

I am trying to install for the first time VPML, but on a Website that already have before installed Polylang.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see un succes install message

Instead, I got Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wpml_get_language_information() (previously declared in /home/worldop1/domains/worldopenbusiness.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/polylang/modules/wpml/wpml-legacy-api.php:222) in /home/worldop1/domains/worldopenbusiness.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/template-functions.php on line 787

NOTE : WordPress version 5.2–fr_CA

Can't give you WPML Debug because VPML fail to the installation for sitepress-multilingual-cms.4.2.6.zip

May 12, 2019 at 6:15 am #3792417

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. This error comes when you try to install WPML plugin with Polylang plugin. Please deactivate Polylang plugin and then install WPML plugin to work it properly.

We have another client who had the similar issue and was also able to solve it, this may help in your case:https://wpml.org/forums/topic/error-when-activating-wpml-multilingual-cms-2/#post-1491095

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wpml_get_language_information() (previously declar’ is closed to new replies.