This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4164043

oliverioN

The problem is with Yoast SEO Multilingual because:
a] I received an email from Worpress "Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site and notifies you through this automatic email. In this case, WordPress detected an error with one of your plugins, Yoast SEO Multilingual"
b] when deactivate the plugin the problem disappears

The problem

Everything seem ok until I try to save where I get either error:
a] it keeps trying to save "with the turning cursor"
b] it states there was an error with the server and nothing gets saved

Many

July 8, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4164397

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. Please make sure all of your WPML and Yoast plugins are up to date, as well as your version of WordPress.

Then, please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

1. Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

2. Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

3. Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

4. Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

July 11, 2019 at 7:46 pm #4192891

oliverioN

Hi Lauren, thanks for your answering

For what I have in Siteground the "stable" and thus recommended php was the one I was using 7.1 I'm worried this change you suggested will impact negatively in the good performance of the rest of the site/plugins. Please do elaborate on this, as I followed your instruction of updating the PHP

1] Updating the PHP seemed to resolve the problem detected in some situations (ie. when editing by the translator manager the images.When testing this I didn't try adding the debug lines.

2] Adding the debug lines, and going to edit some text content in a Page in the original language (spanish) caused the error. This time I did enter the debug text first and following your instructions please find the requested information

Many thanks

[11-Jul-2019 19:37:24 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/nemawash/public_html/noa-content/plugins/masterslider/admin/views/setting/class-settings-api.php on line 116
[11-Jul-2019 19:37:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function WPML_WPSEO_Should_Create_Redirect::dont_convert_url(), 1 passed in /home/nemawash/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and exactly 4 expected in /home/nemawash/public_html/noa-content/plugins/wp-seo-multilingual/classes/class-wpml-wpseo-should-create-redirect.php:25
Stack trace:
#0 /home/nemawash/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_WPSEO_Should_Create_Redirect->dont_convert_url(false)
#1 /home/nemawash/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array)
#2 /home/nemawash/public_html/noa-content/plugins/Yoast SEO Premium v4.0 - WordPress Plugin/premium/classes/class-post-watcher.php(75): apply_filters('wpseo_premium_p...', false)
#3 /home/nemawash/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPSEO_Post_Watcher->detect_slug_change(465, Object(WP_Post), Object(WP_Post))
#4 /home/nemawash/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#5 /home/nemawash/publ in /home/nemawash/public_html/noa-content/plugins/wp-seo-multilingual/classes/class-wpml-wpseo-should-create-redirect.php on line 25
[11-Jul-2019 19:37:34 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/nemawash/public_html/noa-content/plugins/masterslider/includes/classes/class-msp-main-widget.php on line 95
[11-Jul-2019 19:37:42 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/nemawash/public_html/noa-content/plugins/masterslider/includes/classes/class-msp-main-widget.php on line 95
[11-Jul-2019 19:37:42 UTC] PHP Notice: Drone\Theme::getInstance ha quedado obsoleto desde la versión 5.7. Utiliza Drone\Theme::instance() en su lugar. in /home/nemawash/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4435
[11-Jul-2019 19:37:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/nemawash/public_html/noa-content/plugins/masterslider/includes/classes/class-msp-main-widget.php on line 95

July 12, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4199337

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the additional information. In my first reply, I was talking about updating your plugins and WordPress, not your version of PHP. PHP 7.1 should be fine.

As for the error, I have not see this before, so let's try a few things to see if we can resolve it. First, please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database. Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Synchronize posts taxonomies
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix Terms count
- Fix post assignment for translations

After this, let's check to see if the issue is resolved. If it is not, please deactivate and delete the Yoast SEO Multilingual plugin that you currently have active. Then, go to Plugins -> Add New and click on the Commercial tab. Here, you can install a fresh version of the Yoast SEO Multilingual add on. Once activated, let me know if the issue remains.

July 19, 2019 at 12:16 am #4242637

oliverioN

I will reviewing this during the weekend, and I came back to you to let you know if this fixes the problem or not.
Cheers

July 19, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4246981

Lauren
Supporter

Sounds good, I look forward to your reply.

July 21, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4252697

oliverioN

Hi Lauren,
I followed all your steps with no problems, however the error remains.

July 22, 2019 at 1:16 pm #4257755

Lauren
Supporter

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

July 22, 2019 at 6:59 pm #4260881

Lauren
Supporter

Please use the Duplicator snapshot, as that will make the set up of your test site much quicker. Thanks! The next reply is set as private.

July 23, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4268653

Lauren
Supporter

Unfortunately, that download didn't allow me to set up the site. Would it be possible for me to have access to your site so that I can download them directly?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

July 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm #4275885

Lauren
Supporter

Unfortunately, the credentials provided are not allowing me to login. Can you please double check the login details? You can edit your previous reply as needed to update them.

July 24, 2019 at 6:31 pm #4277029

oliverioN

Lauren, it seems everything ok, can you let me know which login is the one you are having trouble with?

July 24, 2019 at 9:05 pm #4277551

Lauren
Supporter

The WordPress access in your reply here does not allow me to login: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/fatal-error-caused-by-yoast-seo-multilingual/#post-4268777

Is there any IP or country blocking on your server site that might be preventing access? Otherwise, please double check the credentials and update as needed. Thanks!

July 24, 2019 at 9:56 pm #4277615

oliverioN

Hi, my bad, for some reason the user was not created, I have fixed and tested and you should be able to login to the admin with the credentials provided, please let me know if it worked

July 25, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4283711

Lauren
Supporter

It worked and allowed me to log in one time. I activated Duplicator to download the files, but it's still not working and now I can no longer login to deactivate Duplicator Pro.

Let's try again with All In One Migration, and you can send me that file export once it is completed. Thanks.