Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 15, 2019 at 9:12 am

bei-xianK

I am trying to:access a category page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: All posts under that category

Instead, I got: Recoverable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/mythtravels/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/seo/class-wpml-seo-headlangs.php on line 56
The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

I'm also seeing this problem in my backend that might be affecting other functions in my website:

WPML can't run normally. There is an installation or server configuration problem. Show details
AJAX Error: error [403]
URL:hidden link

June 15, 2019 at 9:48 am #4026299

bei-xianK

Another problem that is happening is that the Post Types Translation and Taxonomies Translation settings are not saving properly. Can you please check for me too?

June 16, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4030757

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I'm not sure why this problem happened with the 'bangkok' category (it is not happening with the other categories as I can see), but I suspect that it is a problem that was coming from your theme. In any case, I fixed it on your site. Here is what I found and how I fixed it.
1. In the editing screen of the category, I could see that it is translated into Malay, but the is no value. Please see the attached screenshot bangkok-n-a.jpg
2. So in WPML -> Taxonomy Translation I've added a translation (currently I only copied the English value) into Malay and Chinese. Now the n/a is not showing. Please see the attached screenshot added-trans.jpg
3. And in the frot-end, I can see that there is no fatal error. Please see the attached screenshot bangkok-ok.jpg

You also wrote: "WPML can't run normally. There is an installation or server configuration problem. Show details
URL:hidden link"

Can you please explain to me what the problem on this page is?

You also write: "Another problem that is happening is that the Post Types Translation and Taxonomies Translation settings are not saving properly."

Can you please tell me what do you mean that they are not saving properly and how to see that?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 16, 2019 at 4:26 pm #4030959
bei-xianK

1. Thanks for resolving the Bangkok issue.

2. WPML can't run normally. There is an installation or server configuration problem. Show details
The above error was shown in all my wp-admin pages but I'm not sure if it's affecting the flow of my website.

3. Post Types Translation and Taxonomies Translation settings are not saving properly.
I would like to make my Media and Post not translatable so I have gone to the settings to try to make them non translatable. However, when I click save and waited for it to save, and then refresh again, the settings went back to Default.

June 17, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4036663

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I've split this ticket to two new tickets let's, please continue on the new tickets.

I'm glad that the 'bangkok' issue is solved.
Could you please mark this ticket as resolved?

Thanks,
Itamar.