This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 10, 2018 at 9:49 am

Gunter Verleyen

Hi, after er reinstall I was activating the plugins one by one, when I activated string translation, no problem but when I activate Multilingual CMS to I get this the debug info in annex.

Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: String id cannot be empty in /data/sites/web/pullmanexpress-shopbe/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php:103 Stack trace: #0 /data/sites/web/pullmanexpress-shopbe/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php(44): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->validate_values('0', '2fc6bce57855cd2...', 'mr_tailor_setti...') #1 /data/sites/web/pullmanexpress-shopbe/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php(160): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->__construct('0', '2fc6bce57855cd2...', 'mr_tailor_setti...', '%d minuten', true, '') #2 /data/sites/web/pullmanexpress-shopbe/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php(139): WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->build_translation(Array, '2fc6bce57855cd2...', 'mr_tailor_setti...', '') #3 /data/sites/ in /data/sites/web/pullmanexpress-shopbe/www/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 103

I think it's something with de database...all my wpml plugins are updated to the latest version
I use the latest version of wordpress and woocommerce

September 10, 2018 at 2:57 pm #2720437

Lucas Bustamante

Hi,

Let's do a few steps to try to solve this issue.

1. Backup your site and database, just to be extra-safe.
2. Go to WPML -> Support -> troubleshooting
3. Click the button "Clear the cache in WPML"
4. Click the button "Remove ghost entries from the translation tables"
5. Click the button "Set language information"
6. Click the button "Recreate ST DB cache tables"
7. Try to activate "WPML String Translation" again.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Lucas

September 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2720513

Gunter Verleyen

The fanny thing my admin panel shows weird and even I click on the buttons nothing seems to happen and all this trouble started by updating WPML, I even disabled my theme mrtailor to see of the error is caused by the theme, but no, the problem still happens.

September 11, 2018 at 4:50 pm #2724677

Lucas Bustamante

Hi,

I'm sorry, I didn't understand it. Did you face any problem following the steps above? If yes, in which step? Did some error message show up?

All the best,
Lucas

September 11, 2018 at 7:17 pm #2725002

Gunter Verleyen

When I go to "WPML -> Support -> troubleshooting" I get these weird page and from Step 3 I can't do anything, when I click there happens nothing. . I tried by myself to disable all plugins and enable them one by one, when I enable WPML Multilingual CMS and than WPML String translation or vice versa I get a white screen with the other WPML plugins "no problem" As you can see in the debug info there is a lot involved with WPML. When I go in developers site of Safari and open de Javascript Consol I see a lot about Jquerys can't be find and is all about multilingual sitepress.
Hope this give you some idee what's happen.
Greetings,
Gunter

September 12, 2018 at 3:43 pm #2728134

Ricardo Alday

Hi Gunter,

I'm taking over this ticket. Hope you don't mind.
Please disable all plugins except for WPML and its addons. Then try to complete the troubleshooting steps as Lucas described.

Let me know if that helps or not.

Thanks,
Ricardo

September 13, 2018 at 7:16 am #2730375

Gunter Verleyen

I did wat you asked, the problem is when I go to WPML troubleshooting I get the white screen.
I need to disable and enable the plugins in FTP to get back in de admin panel. The whole thing drives me crazy, oech!

September 14, 2018 at 4:07 am #2733972

Ricardo Alday

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

September 14, 2018 at 6:23 am
September 17, 2018 at 7:02 pm #2742359

Ricardo Alday

Sorry for the late reply.
Do a full site backup and run the following queries on your database using PhpMyAdmin or the ARI Adminer plugin:

DELETE FROM pullman_icl_strings WHERE id = 0

DELETE FROM pullman_icl_string_translations WHERE id = 0

Let me know if that helps.

September 18, 2018 at 7:38 am #2743810

Gunter Verleyen

when i run this query i get this error message

September 19, 2018 at 12:52 am #2746765

Ricardo Alday

The screenshot shows a different query than the one I posted.
Run one of the queries first, then the other one.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

September 20, 2018 at 7:53 am #2751266

Gunter Verleyen

Hello,
I did run the two queries one by one like you asked, but it did not solve the issue. Still a white screen. In the mean time I did make a clone version of my site (everything but without de database) on a local site and there is running everything smoothly. So that means I think my database is somewhere corrupted after the plugin update and because of this issue I did take a closer look to my site and I could see that my webdesigner did not keeping everything updated like he was payed for and that for several years!. For example the theme Mr.Tailor and plugins like WPML and Woocommerce...I did have to buy even new licenses.
If you still have something to solve or help I'm open for any proposal.

September 24, 2018 at 2:28 pm #2760781

Ricardo Alday

I think if the old database is corrupted it's easier to just go with the new clean version you have created instead of trying to fix the old one.
You can use a plugin called Duplicator to copy from your local site to the one online.

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal error concerning string’ is closed to new replies.