This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Xavier 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 24, 2018 at 10:06 am #1785643

Xavier

Hello,

I am using WooCommerce Lightspeed POS extension and WPML and I have detected that there's a fatal error when the extension syncs WC and LS products, which is every 5 minutes.

Uncaught WC_Data_Exception: SKU no válido o duplicado. in /html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/abstracts/abstract-wc-data.php:753
Stack trace:
#0 /html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/abstracts/abstract-wc-product.php(806): WC_Data->error('product_invalid...', 'SKU no v\xC3\xA1lido ...', 400, Array)

The fatal error is always caused by SKU 210000002106, which belongs to a product variation. It is true that its _sku is duplicated in wp_postmeta, but all products and variations have a duplicated _sku per each language.

So I guess that the problem must be something else. WC LS POS developers says that these errors are not generated by their plugin and must be something caused by WPML, because _sku shouldn't be duplicated.

Could you please help me to get rid of these fatal errors?

Thanks.

April 26, 2018 at 5:15 am #1824203

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please let me know the following for tracking the issue.

1) Please upgrade to the latest version of WooCommerce Multilingual(4.2.10) after a backup and check the bug is existing or not.

2) Please deactivate WooCommerce Multilingual for a moment and check the issue is existing or not

3) Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility issues. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 2, 2018 at 3:55 pm #1938172

Xavier

Hello,

1. I updated WC Multilingual but didn't fix it.

2. I deactivated WPML and the fatal error persists.

3. I switched to Storefront theme and sisabled all plugins but WooCommerce and POS LS.

Unfortunately these steps didn't fix the fatal errors.

Thank you.

May 3, 2018 at 1:16 pm #1957956

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I have a doubt. The error is not existing when WPML or WooCommerce Multilingual plugins are inactive? I mean this error is not showing when WooCommerce, POS LS plugins are only active and the theme is Storefront.

Please let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 3, 2018 at 1:21 pm #1958111

Xavier

The error still exists when WPML is disabled because this supposedly duplicated SKU has already been created. It is shown when POS LS is active, even though WPML is disabled.

May 3, 2018 at 5:26 pm #1964208

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 4, 2018 at 4:13 pm #1979009

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

I have discussed this issue with my team. We duplicate the SKU because SKU is unique and we can't translate. But we are facing this kind of issue for the first time and it is a very rare issue. We would like to check how the integration between lightspeed POS extension and Woocommerce works. It may be related to the following issue.

hidden link

Therefore please let me know the steps reproduce the issue on your site. The lightspeed POS is updating the Products automatically?

Also please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 5, 2018 at 6:55 am #1986884

Xavier

The lightspeed POS is updating the Products automatically?

LO POS updates the products automatically. This is an exceptional error and I don't know to reproduce it with a new product. It would be very interesting to find out why did it happen. However the most urgent would be to fix the fatal error. I would like to know how to remove this wrong sku and stop these errors. I know that WPML duplicates sku and this behaviour is not causing any issue. So there must be something wrong with this product variation and I would like to know hot to get rid of it, and then find out how to avoid to generate more errors like this.

Yes, please duplicate the site.

Thank you.

May 7, 2018 at 2:14 pm #2013988

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and permission. My local copy is also generating the same error.

I have forwarded the details to our second tier team for the expert opinion and waiting for their feedback. Please wait. We will get back to you soon.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 8, 2018 at 2:16 pm #2033238

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, I have received the following feedback from our team on this issue. Please let me know your feedback on this.

a) This is only happening with a Product Variation. Therefore is it possible to delete this variation and recreate it again? Then we can check the bug is existing with the new variation also.

b) In case the author of WooCommerce LightSpeed POS see a clear point that the issue is WPML related, we would like to invite him to our Go Global program(to make both plugins compatible). So we can avoid such issues in future. Please check the following link for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 8, 2018 at 8:38 pm #2040312

Xavier

a) Yes, it is possible. But I posted this support ticket because I wanted top learn how to fix it without deleting it. I should import the product again from Lightspeed, which is an easy thing. But I would like to know what line or field should I edit/delete to fix it. If you confirm that you don't know how to fix it, then I will delete the variable product and import it again.

b) OK, once this ticket is solved I will invite them to join your program.

Thanks.

May 9, 2018 at 5:21 pm #2059026

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. I have forwarded it to our second tier team and checking for the possible options. We will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 10, 2018 at 3:23 pm #2075756

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, I am escalating the ticket to our second tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm #2141271

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, we run few round of testing on this and also tried to replicate it in a fresh installation. So our developers have suggested the following as a workaround. Becuase the error is happening even WPML or WooCommerce Multilingual is inactive. And it is only conflicting with a single variation.

a) Delete the translation of the Product. Then translated the Product again, the error is not happening on our tests.

b) Delete the default language product or its variation having the issue and recreate it

Please try it after a backup and let me know your feedback. Please note it is an exception and our developers are ready on work on it if we are able to reproduce the error in a fresh installation.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 20, 2018 at 5:07 pm #2197353

Xavier

Hello,

I deleted the translation of the Product. The error is not happening again. I am glad that I have learnt how to fix it though I don't understand what has caused it. I will contact you again if it happens again to help me to find a solution.

Thanks for your support.