This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 8:55 am #3958291

angeloL-6

I am trying to:
Enter my customize.php page in my WordPress dashboard.

I expected to see:
My front page with the usual custom options.

Instead, I got:
The following FATAL ERROR (I'll also upload a couple of screenshot, one with WooCommerce Multilingual activated and the second with the plugin deactivated).

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_scripts() on null in /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/currency-switcher/class-wcml-currency-switcher-templates.php:428 Stack trace: #0 /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/currency-switcher/class-wcml-currency-switcher-templates.php(379): WCML_Currency_Switcher_Templates->enqueue_template_assets('wcml-dropdown', NULL) #1 /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Currency_Switcher_Templates->enqueue_template_resources(Array) #2 /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-includes/script-loader.php(2537): do_action('wp_enqueue_scri...') #5 /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-manager.php(455): wp_enqueue_scripts() #6 /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-inc in /home/ud3cc5wf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/currencies/currency-switcher/class-wcml-currency-switcher-templates.php on line 428

I will open a ticket also in the theme support page.
Thanks

June 5, 2019 at 11:57 am #3960133

angeloL-6

I'm investigating further, if I disable the WMPL option "A different domain per language" and put it back to "Different languages in directories" the customize.php page works again.
But actually until yesterday I worked with the option ON and everything worked fine, I don't know what else could be contributing to make the error happen...

June 5, 2019 at 5:47 pm #3963165

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Could you please tell me what the primary domain of your site (the domain that is associated with the default language) is?
I can see something unusual when I look at the attached debug information. I see the following.
SiteURL hidden link
HomeURL hidden link
Those are the settings in Settings -> General.
Can you please check if you have everything configured correctly there?

Also, I can see that you have created custom languages. I see it by the unusual languages codes.
en_in (default language)
en_us
Was en_in the default language code of your site from the beginning or did you changed it recently?
Please see this relevant documentation.
https://wpml.org/faq/how-can-i-assign-or-change-language-code-to-existing-content/

I look forward to your reply!

Itamar.

June 6, 2019 at 7:10 am #3966335

angeloL-6

I'll attach a screenshot to explain the situation of the different domains.
At firs UK English was the default language, now I created an international English language and set it to default, is the problem generated from this setting?
Thanks

June 6, 2019 at 7:41 am #3966671

angeloL-6

I tried to put back the default language as at the beginning and switched the name and the icon between International and UK.
Same error displaying if I try to customize the theme.

June 6, 2019 at 7:59 am #3966797

angeloL-6

I think I found the solution!
When you want to customize your theme in general you have the possibility to chose FROM THE BACKEND only two languages, the default or "All languages" to make it work.

In my case if I select "International" (the default) or "All languages" and then click on Customize (or Theme Options) it works!

But if I click on any other language and then try to customize it gives me the error.
There got to be some variable saved in the session to make the currency switcher work while customizing, otherwise it crashes.

I'll attach a couple of screenshots.
Thank you!
Bye

June 6, 2019 at 8:18 pm #3971927

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm glad that things work for you now!

I'm not sure why it worked for you the way it did. I still suspect that there is an issue with the default language of your site. The Appearance -> Customize screen is not associated with any language. You should be able to get there despite the language that is set for you on the top admin bar. Also, I'm not sure what you mean about the currency switcher.

Please let me know if you need any further help on the issue of this ticket or mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Itamar.