This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Amit 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 10:09 am #3661721

smartC

I am trying to:
We have a WPML instaled in mutisite WordPress and all is ok with 2 sites.
When we try to install another site, when we activate WPML for this site we can't login in dashboard. When we try to enter in the dashborard or other panel section the wp not working and result this error:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function get_user_by() in /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php:1308 Stack trace: #0 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php(162): get_object_subtype('user', 11) #1 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-includes/user.php(825): update_metadata('user', 11, 'wpx_wp_5_capabi...', Array, '') #2 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-user.php(659): update_user_meta(11, 'wpx_wp_5_capabi...', Array) #3 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/setup/sitepress-schema.php(435): WP_User->add_cap('wpml_manage_tra...') #4 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(98): icl_enable_capabilities() #5 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php(151): SitePress->__construct() #6 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-settings.php(268): include_once('/home/cu25r3xq/...') #7 /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-config.php(85): require_once('/home/cu25r3xq/...') #8 /h in /home/cu25r3xq/public_html/wp-includes/meta.php on line 1308

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

April 23, 2019 at 10:19 am #3661955

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

Amit here, I am the WPML support manager.

Can it be that you are using an older WPML version? This issue was resolved a few months ago. If you are using the latest WPML version please add some debug information so we can take a deeper look, otherwise, I recommend an update to our latest version (with all the needed safety procedures - backups etc...)

Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal error in multisite activating WPML in Network mode’ is closed to new replies.