If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maximilianK-5 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
February 7, 2018 at 2:46 pm #1510173

maximilianK-5

I am trying to: Update Plugin WPML Multilingual CMS after an update from 3.8.4 to 3.9.3

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Our wordpress shop (staging environment)

Instead, I got: White screen with:

Warning: include(/var/tentacle/staging/shop/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/../../classes/logs/interface-wpml-log.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/tentacle/staging/shop/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/var/tentacle/staging/shop/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/../../classes/logs/interface-wpml-log.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/tentacle/staging/shop/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444

Fatal error: Interface 'WPML_Log' not found in /var/tentacle/staging/shop/www/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/xml-config/class-wpml-config-update-log.php on line 6

More Detail: We have the following workflow:
1. Install/Update Plugin locally
2. commit changes to repository
3. push changes to live/staging server via git

Problems related to this workflow:
- the local environment updates the plugin as expected without any error
- after pushing changes to staging env via git the staging env stops fatally on the above error
- if we reset our local environment to a state before the update and inject the update via git (like we do for staging) then the local env also produces the error, so the error seems to be related to the workflow

However: I failed to find any definitions of WPML_Log file anywhere in the code. Maybe it's just missing?

February 7, 2018 at 2:48 pm #1510177

maximilianK-5

The provided debug data is taken from staging before the update (because afterwards we cant't access it anymore)

We also started this thread yesterday: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/after-update-from-wpml-multilingual-cms-3-8-4-to-3-9-3-i-get-a-fatal-error/

It's about the same topic, but without us being able to provide debug data in the first place

February 7, 2018 at 3:32 pm #1510237

Yuri

Hi, the Vendors directory is exclusively populated with a Composer build. This means that the files themselves come from the original author's repository.

The WPML_Log interface that your code does not find is locate @ wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/logs/interface-wpml-log.php. I've just downloaded a fresh copy of WPML and it is present in this current release.

What I believe might have happened is that there are residual files present in your WPML directory. Since Git will not remove the files unless explicitly made to, these files remain in your branch and might have been automatically loaded by Composer.

Please test the following steps:

- completely delete WPML (sitepress-multilingual-cms) from your plugins directory in local
- commit the delete to your branch
- pull in staging to make sure that the files were deleted
- re-download WPML from your account on wpml.org
- install/activate WPML in local
- add/commit/push WPML in the plugins directory on local to your branch
- pull in staging site once more

Let me know how it goes.

February 8, 2018 at 9:33 am #1511107

maximilianK-5

Hi @yuri-s, thank you very much for your support. With your help we were able to figure out that the problem is really our .gitignore file which tells git to ignore folders/files called logs.