Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 23, 2019 at 12:31 am

bernardD-10

I am trying to: Upload a plugin for the WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: See Attachment

Instead, I got:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function icl_get_string_id() in /home4/addictionco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/class-wpml-endpoints-support.php on line 107

Not able to back up site because it'll backup the error as well.

June 23, 2019 at 4:29 am #4072569

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Further, download the latest versions of WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.7.1 at https://wpml.org/downloads.

Deactivate and delete all WPML plugins. Do not worry, this process will not affect your translations and settings stored in the database.

Add WPML Mulitlingual CMS 4.2.7.1 again.

Then go to Plugins -> Install -> Commercial and download the add-ons. Also, select the "Enable After Download" button at the bottom of the plug-in selector.

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Regards,
Riffaz.

June 24, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4077537

bernardD-10

I am not able to access the plugins page period. So any directions asking me to go through the WordPress dashboard cannot be done because this screen keeps popping up no matter what page I go to. My site was fine up until I uploaded this program...

June 24, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4077797

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Login to your cPanel/FTP

go to wp-content/plugin/ and delete the WPML plugins.
Then follow the steps I suggested.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

June 24, 2019 at 6:38 pm #4079275

wojtekS

Is this enough to delete sitepress-multilingual-cms directory via FTP

I also can't access Admin dashboard at all

June 25, 2019 at 1:47 pm #4085065

bernardD-10

I do not see that plugin in the folder. This is what's in the plugins folder in the FTP settings.

June 25, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4085105

bernardD-10

Wait, nevermind. Found the correct folder with the items in there. I was able to remove that fatal error screen to redownload the plugins! Thank you!

I will now continue with the steps you listed for me previously. I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks again

June 26, 2019 at 5:29 am #4089129

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Great, you found it!

Take your time and let me know if you need anything else regarding this.

Regards,