This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 24, 2019 at 2:12 pm #4821177

ramez-refaatG

I am trying to:
Install String Plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Admin Panel

I expected to see:
Success installation.

Instead, I got:
Site down...Recovery mode then this message appeared:

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 57 of the file /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php. Error message: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to parse the language from the translations file languages/bp-activity-filter-ar.pot in /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:57 Stack trace: #0 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/MO/Hooks/LoadTextDomain.php(59): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get('languages/bp-ac...', 'bp-activity-fil...') #1 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML\ST\MO\Hooks\LoadTextDomain->overrideLoadTextDomain(false, 'bp-activity-fil...', 'languages/bp-ac...') #2 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array) #3 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php(621): apply_filters('override_load_t...', false, 'bp-activity-fil...', 'languages/bp-ac...') #4 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-activity-filter/buddypress-activity-filter.php(132): load_textdomain(

October 25, 2019 at 9:55 am #4825709

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.
It seems that another plugin is involved in that error.
Could you perhaps try and temporary disable that plugin and check if this helps?

BuddyPress Activity Filter

I also suggest checking for updates in relation to that plugin.

October 25, 2019 at 10:05 am #4825763

ramez-refaatG

I did that...still another error happened
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 57 of the file /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php. Error message: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to parse the language from the translations file awesome-weather-pro/languages/ in /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:57
Stack trace:
#0 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/MO/Hooks/LoadTextDomain.php(59): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get('awesome-weather...', 'awesome-weather...')
#1 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML\ST\MO\Hooks\LoadTextDomain->overrideLoadTextDomain(false, 'awesome-weather...', 'awesome-weather...')
#2 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array)
#3 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php(621): apply_filters('override_load_t...', false, 'awesome-weather...', 'awesome-weather...')
#4 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/awesome-weather-pro/awesome-weather-pro.php(42): load_textdomain('awesome-wea

October 25, 2019 at 11:48 am #4826565

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+02:00)

Well, I see that now there is another plugin that seems to cause the issue.
Awesome Weather Pro...
However, I think it will be more productive if you can provide credentials for us and also allow us to get a temporary clone of your site so that we can debug the issue properly.

Please let me know how you feel about that.
I am enabling the private reply where you can share credentials data - but you can cancel that if you wish.

October 25, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4827023

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I will take care of this ticket from now on.

Please let me know if it's possible to have a clone of your site, or we can figure out another solution.

October 25, 2019 at 1:59 pm #4827397

ramez-refaatG

Actually this is not practical...our servers when takes a full backup each 1 of the month makes it heavy so please restrict your investigation about discovery not editing...so nothing will be affected.
Our purpose to check the Plugin: Translation String why causing these things on the site & to be smoothly installed & fully functioning.
Thanks for your understanding.

October 25, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4827519

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

it's not possible for us to investigate the issue without making further tests.

We have the error, so we now need to check how to fix it, and it's not possible without checking the files directly.

We have a system that reduces the space occupied by the copies (we remove the images for example) but if this is not possible to complete I can try to take a copy with Duplicator plugin, excluding large files.

October 25, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4827677

ramez-refaatG

Okay dear kindly try this from your end.
Thanks a lot

October 25, 2019 at 6:15 pm #4829337

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @ramez-refaatg,

In the first error stack, I see that we are trying to load a translation file called `languages/bp-activity-filter-ar.pot` (it should be located inside the plugin "bp-activity-filter"). This is not a valid file type to use in "load_textdomain".

At this point I cannot say where "load_textdomain" is called with this file. It should be a MO file instead like `languages/bp-activity-filter-ar.mo`.

Maybe you have an idea why we try to load a POT file?

Thanks,
Pierre

October 25, 2019 at 6:26 pm #4829355

ramez-refaatG

Don't know have now clue about it.
If needs to be deleted to solve the issue then let's do that & have backup & try then let's see if needs restoration.
Also other plugins are conflicting as Weather...so the issue isn't only here

October 28, 2019 at 4:26 pm #4841669

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I managed to take a copy of your site, but it will take some time to debug it, I'll update you here as soon as I have news.

October 30, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4855927

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. Deploying the site is taking more time than I thought because of its size.

We just released WPML 4.3.2 that fixes a lot of issues. Could you please try to update and see if this helps with the problem?

October 30, 2019 at 4:17 pm #4857793

ramez-refaatG

I understand it takes time...
All are updated & I tried again still the same error...I used the recovery mode then deactivated it...same scenario.
Thanks.

October 31, 2019 at 8:30 am #4861399

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

a colleague had a similar ticket with your same error and managed to solve it with a change in the code.

Could you check this ticket and see if it helps? https://wpml.org/forums/topic/php-fatal-error-uncaught-runtimeexception-unable-to-parse-the-language-from-t/#post-4859501

October 31, 2019 at 9:01 am #4861775

ramez-refaatG

I did as mentioned but the site went down again....this time without even Recovery mode email.
So I went to rename the String Plugin to be able to access the site...then it came back.
Please also let's do our best to solve it a way that shouldn't be overriden by other plugin's update.