This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.26 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 31, 2019 at 10:19 am #4862265

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

sometimes it's not possible to solve the issue without changing other plugins' files.

Awesome Weather Widget wasn't tested with WPML so we can't guarantee compatibility.
I tested the fix in my local copy and it works fine.

Since you already had another error with another plugin before this one, it might be that another plugin is causing the issue. Can you check wp-content/debug.log and see if there is some other error?

November 7, 2019 at 6:12 am #4902847

ramez-refaatG

Please waiting for your reply to fix it.
Thanks a lot

November 7, 2019 at 8:48 am #4903647

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I asked you to check for debug.log for other errors.

At this time we're not able to provide a workaround that doesn't include changing the plugin code, so if you still have issues after adding the fix it might be related to something else.

I don't have other issues on my copy so please check the debug.log, it will give us more information.

November 7, 2019 at 8:55 am #4903697

ramez-refaatG

Please help me how to do that from where?

November 7, 2019 at 9:33 am #4904199

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Browse to the page with the issue and/or reproduce the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log

Paste the latest lines here. No need to paste the entire log file, just 50 lines or so will do. Please censor any sensitive information.

More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

November 9, 2019 at 5:53 am #4917399

ramez-refaatG

I did the way you told me the site was down...forgive me I'm not a developer.
So I activated the plugin again then the Recovery Mode Email sent met this email:

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 57 of the file /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php. Error message: Uncaught RuntimeException: Unable to parse the language from the translations file languages/bp-activity-filter-en_US.pot in /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/translations-file-scan/translations-file/wpml-st-translations-file-locale.php:57
Stack trace:
#0 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/MO/Hooks/LoadTextDomain.php(59): WPML_ST_Translations_File_Locale->get('languages/bp-ac...', 'bp-activity-fil...')
#1 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML\ST\MO\Hooks\LoadTextDomain->overrideLoadTextDomain(false, 'bp-activity-fil...', 'languages/bp-ac...')
#2 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array)
#3 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-includes/l10n.php(621): apply_filters('override_load_t...', false, 'bp-activity-fil...', 'languages/bp-ac...')
#4 /home/lifechan/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bp-activity-filter/buddypress-activity-filter.php(132): load_textdoma

November 9, 2019 at 8:50 am #4917585

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

this is the same error you had when you opened the ticket, and it's related to BuddyPress Activity Filter plugin. What does happen if you deactivate it?

November 9, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4918237

ramez-refaatG

Well I deactivated BuddyPress Activity Filter, & added the code for the Awesome Weather Pro it worked fine.
Now I want to return back BuddyPress Activity Filter for it's needed.
Also what if Awesome Weather Pro is updated, it'll override what is modified.
Please help.

November 9, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4918297

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

please install BuddyPress Activity Filter (and BuddyPress) in this fresh installation:
hidden link

If you can reproduce the issue, I can send the ticket to the compatibility team.

As for Awesome Weather Pro, as I said before the issue is on the plugin's side. You may want to contact the author and ask him to join our Go Global program so we can help him being compatible with WPML.