Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 25, 2019 at 6:25 pm #5016315

bilginK

Hi,

I duplicated one of our sites to new host, under new domain.

I did necessary changes, but wpml gives fatal error.

Because of domain changed, am I missing one setting about wpml?

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Slash_Management::parse_missing_host_from_path() must be of the type array, bool given, called in /home/customer/www/wetterstationen.bresser.de/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/converter/strategy/class-wpml-url-converter-domain-strategy.php on line 104 and defined in /home/customer/www/wetterstationen.bresser.de/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-slash-management.php:110 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/wetterstationen.bresser.de/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/converter/strategy/class-wpml-url-converter-domain-strategy.php(104): WPML_Slash_Management->parse_missing_host_from_path(false) #1 /home/customer/www/wetterstationen.bresser.de/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/url-handling/converter/strategy/class-wpml-url-converter-domain-strategy.php(29): WPML_URL_Converter_Domain_Strategy->str in /home/customer/www/wetterstationen.bresser.de/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/utilities/class-wpml-slash-management.php on line 110

November 26, 2019 at 12:00 am #5017585

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

This is an error I have seen before it seems that the issue might have occurred when setting a Language URL format to 'Different domain per language' and entered an invalid domain for one the language domain.

To fix the issue,

-backup your site completely
-go to 'wp_options' table in your database and search for "icl_sitepress_settings"

There edit the key and change:

s:25:"language_negotiation_type";s:1:"2";

to:

s:25:"language_negotiation_type";s:1:"1";

Then go to WPML > Languages and set "Different domain per language" and ENTER A VALID domain for ALL LANGUAGES. The problem happens because there is NO domain for the second language.

Please let me know your results and if you require some additional help with the above steps I will be happy to perform them for you.

November 26, 2019 at 8:31 am #5019061

bilginK

Hi,

I followed the steps you mentioned. I am sending 2 screenshots to you.
First one shows, domains are entered and will be validated after saving.
Second one shows, after saving, wpml can validate the second domain, but the first one is dissappeared. Wpml doesnt give a notification about if it is valid or not.

What could be the cause of the problem?
Thanks!

wpml-2.jpg
wpml-1.jpg
November 26, 2019 at 2:13 pm #5022167

bilginK

Hi,

I deleted wpml and installed fresh one.
I choosed "Different languages in directories" and re-saved permalinks.
Then I changed it to "A different domain per language" and re-saved permalinks.
It worked out.

November 26, 2019 at 5:42 pm #5024087

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

To answer your first question, yes this could have been the source of the issue, but I am glad that it is working as expected now after reinstalling it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal error related to wpml’ is closed to new replies.