This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4434179

Andjelka Ducic

Hi, when installing and activating wpml i get error:

WP_DEBUG

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function simplexml_load_file() in /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:825 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php(72): WP_Installer->load_repositories_list() #1 /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php(47): WP_Installer->__construct() #2 /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/functions-core.php(3): WP_Installer::instance() #3 /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/installer.php(15): WP_Installer() #4 /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/loader.php(121): include_once('/var/www/html/w...') #5 /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-inclu in /var/www/html/waywithwords/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php on line 825

And also, i get
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

So i had to go thru ssh and manualy delete folder with wpml to get my dashboard running.
The theme is Invetex and it is compatible with WPML.

Tried diferent uploading ways but still same error.

August 21, 2019 at 5:56 pm #4434371

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. This PHP fatal error is related to a server compatibility issue, you can find a fix at: https://wpml.org/errata/php-7-possible-issues-simplexml/. In case you don't know how to install PHP missing extensions, please, refer to your server admin in order to learn more on how to proceed. Please, let me know if you need any further clarifications from our side, have a nice day.