This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 18, 2019 at 9:16 am #3637581

mohammedA-86

I am getting this Error while Translating Menus and doing anything in my website.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id:86 the database contains tax_property-feature while this function was called with tax_nav_menu' in /home2/mo45/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home2/mo45/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1490): WPML_Set_Language->set('86', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /home2/mo45/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(197): SitePress->set_element_language_details('86', 'tax_nav_menu', NULL, 'en') #2 /home2/mo45/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 [internal function]: WPML_Nav_Menu->init('') #4 /home2/mo45/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /home in /home2/mo45/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 32

April 18, 2019 at 10:10 am #3638037

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please below steps and let me know how it goes?

=== Please backup your database and website ===

1. Please try to remove all menus and try to recreate them and see if this resolves your issue.

2. Please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix post type assignment for translations

3. If still issue exists after trying above steps:
- Go to your database using phpMyAdmin or ARI Adminer plugin
- Go to wp_icl_translations database table
- Find entry with element_id:86 and delete that row

Thank you

April 18, 2019 at 5:50 pm #3641349

mohammedA-86

I have tried the Method provided in my other ticket and wp-admin started working but now I am again trying to add a menu and again that error comes.
If you need wp-admin details then please let me know and please I want this to quickly fix and getting translations working correctly.

April 18, 2019 at 5:51 pm #3641357

mohammedA-86

and Now the Error is with element_id:92.

Please get this issue resolved really quickly.

April 18, 2019 at 6:01 pm #3641375

Noman
Supporter

I have reviewed your other support ticket as well, as I can see WPML is not properly installed and configured. The best solution to get rid of all these errors is to "Reset" WPML and reinstall it again by following below steps:

1. If you have just installed plugin and configuring WPML first time on this site and do not have any translated data yet then you can fix this issue by removing WPML and all its data completely from database, To do so, please go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting (the link is at the bottom of the support page). >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” >> then Delete the plugin.

2. After deleting all WPML data and WPML related plugins then please install WPML plugins again and I hope now you will not face any issue.

Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding.

April 19, 2019 at 1:15 am #3642247

mohammedA-86

I cannot do this as I have already made a large amount of translations already.
Please provide a way to fix this issue as is.

April 19, 2019 at 1:16 am #3642249

mohammedA-86

Also please provide solution asap as I need the Translations done by today.
You have the wp admin details, you can have a look there as well

April 19, 2019 at 5:49 am #3643669

mohammedA-86

Please reply asap. Waiting for your response.

April 19, 2019 at 8:45 am #3644157

Noman
Supporter

Sorry to say but I am having weekend now (Fridays & Saturdays are Off for me) and I wont be able to work on it until Sunday when I came back to work, I will have to find a workaround for this issue then. So if your issue is urgent, please feel free to open a new chat or work with other supporter on the ticket you already have for similar issue.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

April 21, 2019 at 11:27 am #3652291

Noman
Supporter

Old password is not working. Please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

April 22, 2019 at 9:22 am #3654805

mohammedA-86

I have asked for a refund and no longer require the plugin.
Thanks for your help but the issue was still there and I have switched to other solution.

April 22, 2019 at 9:27 am #3654851

Noman
Supporter

ok thank you for letting me know. Sorry to see you go. Best of luck.

The topic ‘[Closed] Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException'’ is closed to new replies.