Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 19, 2016 at 3:03 pm #1087767

Julien

I am trying to: find a solution to the Fatal error caused by String Translation Plugin

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: A proper functioning site

Instead, I got: This error
" Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: String id cannot be empty in /home/mppnca/zorah.mppn.ca/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php:103 Stack trace: #0 /home/mppnca/zorah.mppn.ca/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php(44): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->validate_values('0', 'taxonomy singul...', 'WordPress') #1 /home/mppnca/zorah.mppn.ca/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php(152): WPML_ST_Page_Translation->__construct('0', 'taxonomy singul...', 'WordPress', 'Par propri\xC3\xA9t\xC3\xA9...', false, '') #2 /home/mppnca/zorah.mppn.ca/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-db-translation-retrieve.php(132): WPML_ST_DB_Translation_Retrieve->build_translation(Array, 'taxonomy singul...', 'WordPress', '') #3 /home/mppnca/zorah.mppn.ca/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/ in /home/mppnca/zorah.mppn.ca/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 103

Steps to duplicate the issue: Try visiting the site hidden link and you'll see.

Please note that we're using WordPress version 4.6.1. WPML version 3.5.1.1, String Translation version 2.4.1.1

I can't access the wp admin area while the String Translation plugin is activated as well

I've seen other support tickets related to this issue and tried every fix but none of them worked for me. This is pretty urgent so a rapid response is much appreciated.

Thanks WPML team.

September 20, 2016 at 6:45 am #1088683

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support. We are happy to help you.

Sorry for the issue. WPML 3.5.2 is almost ready to release and hope the new version will fix the error.

If possible, please make a clone/test site and upgrade to WPML 3.5.2 Beta 3 and confirm the error is fixed or not. You can download the beta version WPML.org>>My Accounts>>Download(CMS Beta Package -- On the bottom)

--
With Regards

Bigul

September 20, 2016 at 5:11 pm #1090569

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

We have released the new version of WPML(3.5.2). Please upgrade to the latest version of WPML after a full site backup and confirm the issues are fixed or not.

--
With Regards

Bigul